lukezord

Raspberry Pi 4 doesnt boot

Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:08 am

Hey guys, after week of flawless usage my raspberry just died? :/

my red and green led is lit all the time, doesnt blink at all when i boot without memory card, same happens when i try to boot with card inserted, tried flashing eeprom - nothing happens, tried running fresh system of the new sd card - nothing happens, so just a brick i guess?

pcmanbob

Re: Raspberry Pi 4 doesnt boot

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 am

Hi.

To brick a pi you normally have to have damaged the gpio or supplied a high voltage to the pi power socket,

so have you had anything connected to the gpio or supplied higher than 5v to the pi power socket or via the gpio pins ?

I suggest you also look at the not booting sticky and specifically the pi4 bit on the last post

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 28&t=58151
We want information… information… information........................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading are not supported

HawaiianPi

Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am

What are you using for a power supply?
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

baptista1986

Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:53 pm

Hi,

Bought my PI 4 B 4Gb today and I'm having the same problem. I've also tried flashing the eeprom to no success.
The green and the red light stay static.

please suply an answer to this.

lukezord

Mon Aug 12, 2019 7:38 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:15 am
Hi.

To brick a pi you normally have to have damaged the gpio or supplied a high voltage to the pi power socket,

so have you had anything connected to the gpio or supplied higher than 5v to the pi power socket or via the gpio pins ?

I suggest you also look at the not booting sticky and specifically the pi4 bit on the last post

https://www.raspberrypi.org/forums/view ... 28&t=58151
already tried everything from there sadly, trying to flash eeprom doesnt do anything (green led is lit doesnt even blink once)
booting without card - green led is lit doesnt blink at all tho
booting with raspbian - same

maybe im missing something while preparing the card? - but otherwise it would blink when theres no card inserted tho

also ive only used it for pihole and some local stuff so theres nothing else than rj45 connected

HawaiianPi wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:37 am
What are you using for a power supply?
original power supply for rpi4b

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm

I wish we had never mentioned reflashing the EEPROM, it's never that that causes a problem. Chances of corrupted the EEPROM are practically Zero.

Sounds like your Pi has died.if a new SD card image doesn't run. Booting without a card you should get a 4 flash sequence on the green LED. If that isn't happening then the Pi would appear to be dead.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

lukezord

Mon Aug 12, 2019 9:20 pm

jamesh wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:27 pm
I wish we had never mentioned reflashing the EEPROM, it's never that that causes a problem. Chances of corrupted the EEPROM are practically Zero.

Sounds like your Pi has died.if a new SD card image doesn't run. Booting without a card you should get a 4 flash sequence on the green LED. If that isn't happening then the Pi would appear to be dead.
thats what i though just cant find the issue why it would be dead after a week running only pi hole and nginx :/

ive found out something is wrong when my network went down and there wasnt light from rj45 socket

thanks though so i wouldnt even try to do anything anymore its dead, sadly

Return to “Troubleshooting”