Wulfee

Energenie rf transmitter/receiver board not working on Pi 4

Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:21 am

I've just bought a Pi 4 to replace my Pi 3 that I use to control energenie sockets in my home. I've transferred the energenie board onto the Pi 4 (I've plugged it onto exactly the same pins as the Pi 3 as I assume they are the same) but it does not work. I've put it back on my Pi 3 board and it works fine but on the Pi 4, nothing. I'm sending commands via the energenie python module I have installed on both the Pi 3 and Pi 4. Does anyone else have a Pi 4 with an energenie rf transmitter/receiver board that has it working using python?

Wulfee

Re: Energenie rf transmitter/receiver board not working on Pi 4

Sat Oct 05, 2019 4:20 pm

I did some tests on my PI 4 and wasn't sure if something was wrong with one of the GPIO pins so I sent it back and they sent me a new one. I have tried plugging the energenie pi mote board onto this the PI 4 and it still doesn't work. Does anyone know if the pins on the Pi 4 are the same as on the Pi 3 (I mean is it backwards compatible)? Does anyone else out there have a energenie pi mote working on a Pi 4?

This is the board I'm talking about https://energenie4u.co.uk/catalogue/product/ENER314-RT

Andyroo

Re: Energenie rf transmitter/receiver board not working on Pi 4

Sat Oct 05, 2019 5:10 pm

Pin layout is basically the same (though the Pi 4 uses some for extra serial ports if enabled).

Have you remembered to enable the SPI bus on the Pi 4?
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Troubleshooting”