robertr356

MacBook Pro Integrated Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:43 pm

Hello,
I’m a beginner with Raspberry Pi and I’m trying to set it up on my MacBook Pro (2017). I have the Raspberry Pi on a USB and I’m able to launch it, however when I reach the desktop, I’m not able to use the integrated keyboard and trackpad that is on my laptop. I can connect, through USB, a wired mouse and keyboard and then it works fine, however it produces a lot of clutter in my work space. Is there any way I can enable and use the integrated keyboard and trackpad on my MacBook?
Thanks,
- Robert

fruitoftheloom

Re: MacBook Pro Integrated Keyboard and Trackpad Not Working

Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 pm

robertr356 wrote:
Hello,
I’m a beginner with Raspberry Pi and I’m trying to set it up on my MacBook Pro (2017). I have the Raspberry Pi on a USB and I’m able to launch it, however when I reach the desktop, I’m not able to use the integrated keyboard and trackpad that is on my laptop. I can connect, through USB, a wired mouse and keyboard and then it works fine, however it produces a lot of clutter in my work space. Is there any way I can enable and use the integrated keyboard and trackpad on my MacBook?
Thanks,
- Robert

Raspberry Pi is a Single Board Computer !

Therefore what Operating System are you talking about, a link to the download would be good.
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

robertr356

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:22 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:45 pm
robertr356 wrote:
Hello,
Thanks,
- Robert

Raspberry Pi is a Single Board Computer !

Therefore what Operating System are you talking about, a link to the download would be good.
I’m running Linux, and unfortunately I do not have a direct link to the download because I’m using Raspberry Pi for a project and was only given a USB that had it.

Andyroo

Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:42 pm

How do you connect to the Pi? Is it RealVNC or some other program on the Mac?

Can you run the following on the Pi and post the results here:

Code: Select all

uname -a
cat /etc/os-release
If you are using RealVNC it is possible that it is set to view only mode - I’m not at my Mac for a few hours but maybe this will help https://www.realvnc.com/en/connect/docs ... wonly.html

Note: This can be set on the Mac and/or the Pi so check both ends
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

drgeoff

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:17 pm

I suspect that the OP's sentence "I have the Raspberry Pi on a USB and I’m able to launch it, however when I reach the desktop, I’m not able to use the integrated keyboard and trackpad that is on my laptop." means a cable between USB port on the Mac and the power input socket on the RPi.

fruitoftheloom

Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:25 pm

drgeoff wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:17 pm
I suspect that the OP's sentence "I have the Raspberry Pi on a USB and I’m able to launch it, however when I reach the desktop, I’m not able to use the integrated keyboard and trackpad that is on my laptop." means a cable between USB port on the Mac and the power input socket on the RPi.

OR maybe he is actually running x86 Debian with Raspberry Pi Desktop from USB Stick ???
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

Return to “Troubleshooting”