Bakerboy

Pi 4 wifi bug

Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:51 pm

Hey, not sure what details to add but ill do my best

When i click on the wifi icon the connection drops out, after a few moments the pi reconnects to my network.

I have the 1GB version im using an official sd card and the pi3 official power supply with a micro to type c adapter.

Im sure this is just a bug, just not sure how to do a proper bug report

ShiftPlusOne
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Location: The unfashionable end of the western spiral arm of the Galaxy

Re: Pi 4 wifi bug

Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:49 pm

Have you updated the software? It should be fixed in the latest version of raspi-config.

Montala

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:16 pm

Can I ask which software you are refering to here... Noobs or Raspbian... or should it be in both?

Thanks! :)

jamesh

Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:26 pm

Both.

run the following from a terminal.

sudo apt update
sudo apt upgrade
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
“I think it’s wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly.” – Steven Wright

Montala

Thu Jun 27, 2019 4:33 pm

@jamesh

Thanks for that, as it was exactly what I did on mine earler!

Only a couple of updates, which I'm afraid I didn't fully understand anyway, but I will try and rememebr to 'do' this every few days.

Presumably once the final version of 'Buster' is relesed in early July there will be another 'update' just to bring everything 'in-line' as it were, and I think at that time a completely 'clean' installation of Raspbian might well be in order, as I am a bit concerned just how hot it all gets... particularly in the new 'official' case, so will be attaching a heat sink to mine just as soon as I can find a suitable candidate.

I see that there is one offered on the Pimoroni web site, but it is not available just at the moment, but hopefully soon will be.

Return to “Troubleshooting”