XueHai8

Buster on 3A+ Errors

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:46 am

This is a full/fresh install of Buster Desktop with Recommended Software on a Pi 3A+

First, I get a cma_alloc failed error -12 every time I boot. Doesn't seem to blow anything up. Should I be concerned?

Second, the automatic updated failed with something to the tune of 'kernel is not yet available'.

I'm doing a manual apt-get update / apt-get upgrade now...and it finished cleanly with installing the new kernel

Anything I need to do?

fruitoftheloom

Re: Buster on 3A+ Errors

Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:49 am

XueHai8 wrote:
This is a full/fresh install of Buster Desktop with Recommended Software on a Pi 3A+

First, I get a cma_alloc failed error -12 every time I boot. Doesn't seem to blow anything up. Should I be concerned?

Second, the automatic updated failed with something to the tune of 'kernel is not yet available'.

I'm doing a manual apt-get update / apt-get upgrade now...and it finished cleanly with installing the new kernel

Anything I need to do?

I ignored the cma_alloc error, Buster works AOK.

To update packages I use:

Code: Select all

sudo apt update
sudo apt full-upgrade
adieu

Asus CS10 Chromebit / HP Envy 4500 Wireless Printer / Raspberry Pi Model 2B v1.1 / RealVNC Software...

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:14 am

XueHai8 wrote:

Anything I need to do?
You can ignore the CMA issue, it's being worked on, but its harmless.
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed. Here's an example...
"My grief counseller just died, luckily, he was so good, I didn't care."

XueHai8

Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:24 am

Thanks all!

I did the update and full-upgrade and it reported nothing to do.

I'll ignore the cma_alloc errors.

Can't wait for my 4B :D

Return to “Troubleshooting”