Thiago_Almeida

My system runs for a while but stops acyclically

Sat May 25, 2019 1:31 am

Hello everyone!!!

I'm running an iot application, remote gate trigger, using firebase as database.
however I am having several problems, my raspberry stops working acyclically.

at first I looked for energy, and fed directly through the GPIO with the proper source of 5v 3A. The operating system has stopped crashing, but my application in python3 still keeps crashing.

I thought about the possibility of error in writing the code, since I am a beginner, but the system stops in an acyclic way. It turns one day and hangs and another time three days and hangs.

I also thought the possibility of the SDS card is not of quality, then I had a doubt. When the raspberry for function of the ssd card, does it crash the whole operating system, or could it just stop the application in python?

Could it be temperature influence just stopping the application in python?

Could my code cause an acyclic stop?

my cod.

Andyroo

Re: My system runs for a while but stops acyclically

Sat May 25, 2019 1:40 pm

Reading through the notes it looks like you application is the issue.

Do you get any messages on the screen to give you any clues?

What does the application do?

As for power. It is always best to use the official PSU via the USB port as this keeps the protection circuit in the feed as using the GPIO bypasses this.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Thiago_Almeida

Re: My system runs for a while but stops acyclically

Sat May 25, 2019 10:43 pm

Good night,

thank you for your interest in helping. Sorry for the writing, I do not speak the language very well.

My application opens the gate of the condominium, I have the command to open and the return of the end of course to indicate open post, closed gate and car passing. It communicates with the Firebase and shows the state of the gate in the ios and the android there also that exits the command to open.
I do not get any alerts. The terminal window simply hangs.
As for the source I think the usb connector is not good, when food by it gets giving low voltage alert.
Would you like to have a look at the code? How can I post? I'm new to the forum.

Return to “Troubleshooting”