sill

RPI Zero doesnt work

Sat May 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Hi, I've found my old rpi zero w, wanted to boot it, but no light was glowing, didn't react at all. Then I've connected it to my pc ( not power connector ) and it was detected as BCM2708, but that was it, then I installed rpiboot on pc and I was able to get green light( not pwr connector ), and display output, rainbow screen then this :Image using pwr connector doesnt like to turn on, but with another one it does, is it saveable? And another thing I've discovered is that when I boot it with the second connector not the pwr one, plug the pwr one in, unplug the other one it still works and doesnt turn off, so that means pwr port is okay?
( already tried couple of sd's, other os'es )

DougieLawson

Re: RPI Zero doesnt work

Sun May 19, 2019 12:44 pm

You need a new SDCard.

Build a copy of Raspbian on it. Boot that as a rescue system. Mount your broken system in a USB reader. Mount that in your RPi.

Use the rescue system to fix the broken system or copy your programs & data to the new SDCard.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a hippy & doctor free zone.

sill

Mon May 20, 2019 4:41 pm

I have tried two of my sd's that work and same thing happens. It powers on off a data port not power, but when it turns on with data port I can disconnect data, plug power cable and it stays on.

DougieLawson

Mon May 20, 2019 4:58 pm

Time to buy a new Raspberry.
Note: Having anything remotely humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a hippy & doctor free zone.

sill

Mon May 20, 2019 5:39 pm

That's what I thought :D just needed a confirmation. I guess I'll choose Zero WH now, or Pi3 model a+

Andyroo

Mon May 20, 2019 5:56 pm

If it works when powered up via the USB port you could always set it up to boot that way and just use it for development of testing.

Set up details for a Mac is https://desertbot.io/blog/ssh-into-pi-zero-over-usb and he has a Windows version at https://desertbot.io/blog/headless-pi-z ... sb-windows though I’ve not tried it.
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Dinah546

Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 am

DougieLawson wrote:
You need a new SDCard.

Build a copy of Raspbian on it. Boot that as a rescue system. Mount your broken system in a USB reader. Mount that in your RPi.

Use the rescue system to fix the broken system or copy your programs & data to the new SDCard. krogerfeedback
Hi, i tried those method but didnt work for me…

any other solution for this ???
Last edited by Dinah546 on Mon May 27, 2019 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Andyroo

Fri May 24, 2019 11:31 am

Dinah546 wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:14 am
DougieLawson wrote:
You need a new SDCard.

Use the rescue system to fix the broken system or copy your programs & data to the new SDCard.
Hi, i tried those method but didnt work for me…

any other solution for this ???
I would start a new thread explaining what the issue is - lights, hardware, software the works to keep it neat :D
Need Pi spray - these things are breeding in my house...

Return to “Troubleshooting”