bozboz

Trouble connecting to Google Calendar from RPi

Tue May 14, 2019 10:36 pm

Hi, I'm trying to run this application to make requests to Google Calendar from my RPi Zero W: https://developers.google.com/calendar/ ... eJFuhB-mF8

I've enabled the API, and copied the .json file to the working directory on the RPi, and installed the client library, but when I run the quickstart.py file, it pops up the Google login screen and when I enter my details (or click my account if I'm trying again), it just loads for a few seconds and then drops me back on the login screen, no error message. The first time I tried it, I got a notification that my account was being accessed from a Linux OS, so there is definitely some kind of connection there. I'm just stuck at this point.

scotty101

Re: Trouble connecting to Google Calendar from RPi

Wed May 15, 2019 7:33 am

Two things you could try

Running the code using a debugger like the one inside Thonny to see how far the code gets and which path it takes
Adding some print statements to the code at various points so you can tell that the lines of code before have been executes.

If you can't figure it out, you might have to share your code so that the forum can cast a second pair of eyes over it for mistakes.
Electronic and Computer Engineer
Pi Interests: Home Automation, IOT, Python and Tkinter

bozboz

Re: Trouble connecting to Google Calendar from RPi

Thu May 16, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks, I'll try Thonny and post what I find.

Return to “Troubleshooting”