armachillo

WiFi network detected but not connected

Sat Mar 30, 2019 12:59 am

Hi all,
I recently dusted off my old Raspberry Pi 2 Model B and am having trouble connecting to my WiFi internet. I’m using a did a small 2.4Ghz 150mbs usb WiFi dongle which seems to be detecting the WiFi signals and networks nearby just fine, but for some reason whenever I enter the pass key when connecting through GUI and/or command line, I cannot connect to my network, despite being able to see it clearly being detected by my Pi. I did a new reinstall on the SD of the new NOOBS and set up Raspbian again but am still struggling to get my Pi to actually connect to my WiFi when I click to join and enter the password. How can I fix this?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

default_user8

Re: WiFi network detected but not connected

Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:37 am

Usually when you experience these types of issues, your should first disable password protection and set your wifi to an open network and see if you can connect to the open network. If so then maybe your wifi dongle isn't compatible with your current security configuration. If you can't connect then try another wifi dongle. Also, there is an issue with the new kernel wpa supplicant that may be causing your issue.
Two heads are better than one, unless one's a goat head.

Return to “Troubleshooting”