tero999

Video on omxplayer - Possible to move it?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:33 pm

I have connected rpi to an older CRT tv and I am watching my favorite tv show from the '90 ;)

Bu why is the video not "centered"? Why do I see bash text on the left? Can I move the video to the left?

dknute

Re: Video on omxplayer - Possible to move it?

Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:59 pm

It seems omxplayer output is overlay-type surface, it just covers whatever there was under it. But in case the video size can't be rescaled to fit full screen (without stretching) some things will show through. I have the same problem, in fact I saw a similar thing reported on the forum but... that's it. I get the feeling it's a bug we will have to live with for quite some time.

In your case you could try messing around with overscan settings to actually make the console window smaller - this will create black borders that will not bother you so much during playback. It's a tradeoff as there will be less space for text but might be worth the trouble if you don't need to make it much smaller.

SmeeMalc

Re: Video on omxplayer - Possible to move it?

Sat Nov 10, 2012 10:59 am

I've been working on solving a similar problem, trying to hide the desktop or command line when playing a video. I'm trying to wrap a video player (omxplayer) in a curses window to fill the screen with black before running omxplayer. It works fine from the command line i.e. without booting into the desktop, but it still leaves a lot to be desired when running from the desktop, as I manually have to fire up a terminal and resize and configure it's window before calling my program. I have no idea how to rescale or move the video (as dknute says, I don't believe that can be done at the moment without stretching the video) but l have managed to hide most of the desktop, leaving only the taskbar visible (which you can set to 'autohide' anyway). At the moment I'm trying to figure out how to associate the required command line with video files so that opening them causes a terminal to automatically fire up in full screen with no 'furnishings' (menu bar, border, etc.) and run my program, but I can't find the relevant threads that I've previously seen on the forums! I'll let you know how I get on.

The details so far are in this (somewhat unrelated) thread:

http://www.raspberrypi.org/phpBB3/viewt ... 26&t=21992

Malc.

Return to “Troubleshooting”