aacohen15

Raspi-Config Does Not Have All Options Available

Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:07 pm

I just installed the most recent version of the Desktop into my Debian Virtual box, and I am now trying to enable several things withing the config, but I do not have all the options available as I have seen from other users.

I've run upgrade and update several times, even unistalled the image and reinstalled, however I get the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!

klricks

Re: Raspi-Config Does Not Have All Options Available

Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:33 pm

aacohen15 wrote:
I just installed the most recent version of the Desktop into my Debian Virtual box, and I am now trying to enable several things withing the config, but I do not have all the options available as I have seen from other users.

I've run upgrade and update several times, even unistalled the image and reinstalled, however I get the same issue. Any help would be appreciated!
Any of the RPi specific GPIO interfaces of course will not be present on another machine so there is no point having them shown in raspi-config......
Also missing several software apps such as Wolfram, RealVNC etc.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

fruitoftheloom

Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:04 am

aacohen15 wrote:

If you have installed Debian Stretch with RPD:

https://www.raspberrypi.org/downloads/r ... i-desktop/

Then it is not the same OS as Raspbian and therefore it will not have the same options....
Adieu

aacohen15

Tue Oct 16, 2018 6:02 pm

Aw okay, thanks!

Return to “Raspberry Pi Desktop for PC and Mac”