rhubarbdog

Changing keyboard country and mouse speed

Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm

Hi,
I've bought a new keyboard off ebay and they've sent me an american one.
On my laptop i changed the keyboard to english (US) and all the keys were mapped as printed.
When i try to change my keboard country on my Raspberry pi nothing happens. From the raspberry menu i click `preferences` then click `mouse and keyboard settings `. Click the `keyboard` tab. When i click the `keyboard layout` button nothing happens

Also when i change my mouse speed. Click ok, re-open `mouse and keyboard settings` .
The mouse speed is back at it's initial value.

Any ideas?
By the way it's a raspberry pi 3b+ running rasbian.

klricks

Re: Changing keyboard country and mouse speed

Mon Oct 15, 2018 7:29 pm

rhubarbdog wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:30 pm
Hi,
I've bought a new keyboard off ebay and they've sent me an american one.
On my laptop i changed the keyboard to english (US) and all the keys were mapped as printed.
When i try to change my keboard country on my Raspberry pi nothing happens. From the raspberry menu i click `preferences` then click `mouse and keyboard settings `. Click the `keyboard` tab. When i click the `keyboard layout` button nothing happens

Also when i change my mouse speed. Click ok, re-open `mouse and keyboard settings` .
The mouse speed is back at it's initial value.

Any ideas?
By the way it's a raspberry pi 3b+ running rasbian.
Use the keyboard setting function in the Raspberry pi configuration tool in [Menu] --> [Preferences] or sudo raspi-config
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

Return to “Troubleshooting”