jmanugget

raspbian stretch no wireless interfaces found

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:47 pm

I just installed raspbian on my raspberry pi 3 B+ through berryboot and now I cannot connect to my wifi, which is interesting because berryboot was able to connect and download the (raspbian) image. Hovering my mouse over the internet icon tells me that there are "no wireless interfaces found" and whenever I try to set the wifi country via "sudo raspi-config" it gives me an error telling me that it could not communicate with wpa_supplicant.conf

Joel_Mckay

Re: raspbian stretch no wireless interfaces found

Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:10 am

This is a pre-configured distro of Stretch for pi2/3 with several fixes (and quirks):
https://sourceforge.net/projects/microm ... pberry-pi/

Let me know if the Read-Only OS partition fails to load off a bad sdcard.
;-)

jmanugget

Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:34 am

um I don't see how an image prepared for 3d printing and CNC is going to help me here...

Joel_Mckay

Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:51 am

The wifi manager in MATE is known to work as it is a clone of a pre-configured tested Stretch system.
Since there are several issues that may be router specific, it helps to narrow the number of possible failure modes.

You are not the first person to have issues with berryboot.... I assumed you wanted a working desktop rather than debug a 3rd party installer.
;-)

fruitoftheloom

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:39 am

jmanugget wrote:
I just installed raspbian on my raspberry pi 3 B+ through berryboot and now I cannot connect to my wifi, which is interesting because berryboot was able to connect and download the (raspbian) image. Hovering my mouse over the internet icon tells me that there are "no wireless interfaces found" and whenever I try to set the wifi country via "sudo raspi-config" it gives me an error telling me that it could not communicate with wpa_supplicant.conf

If you are using the latest release of BerryBoot then would suggest you contact the Developers as BB uses a custom kernel / firmware:

https://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/ ... /changelog

https://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

jamesh
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator
Raspberry Pi Engineer & Forum Moderator

Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:51 am

jmanugget wrote:
Do you get the same problem if you install Rasbian in the recommended way using Etcher?
Principal Software Engineer at Raspberry Pi (Trading) Ltd.
Contrary to popular belief, humorous signatures are allowed.
I've been saying "Mucho" to my Spanish friend a lot more lately. It means a lot to him.

Return to “Troubleshooting”