DooMFeaR

Pi3 OMV auto-reboot

Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:22 pm

I would like to say Hello to everyone and thank you in advance for helping me out. This is my first post on this forum and since I have no idea how to solve my problem by myself, I'm reaching out to everyone else. I am running the dedicated OpenMediaVault image on my Pi 3 Model B. I am using it as an NAS server to backup all my work on it. My Pi it's a little bit overclocked, its powering an external hard drive, but I have checked the temperature and the power supply and everything looks alright.

From time to time, I am losing connection to my drive, and noticing that SSHing into it don't work anymore, I'm guessing that for some reason its freezing. The only way to make it work again its to unplug it and plug it back into the wall socket. I am afraid that I might corrupt all my data by doing this.

Is there a way to set up this dedicated version of Open Media Vault to automatically reboot everyday or so? It looks like it's debian based, is there any script that can auto reboot my raspberry?

I would like to apologize for my bad english. Thank you for all your help!

Return to “Troubleshooting”