kondaveetiarungopal

Raspberry pi3 is not booting red light stop

Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:35 am

Hi,

i Bought a new raspberry pi3 b+ few days back.so i flashed rasbian Image and try to boot from sd card.But it is showing Red LED GLown but act led not working.it is not booting from sd card.Please tell me the solution for this one.how to debug this situation.I dont have multimeter to debug the voltage Leves.

B.Goode

Re: Raspberry pi3 is not booting red light stop

Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:04 am

There is a Troubleshooting guide in Issue 60 of the MagPi magazine which you can access for free online. https://www.raspberrypi.org/magpi/issues/60/

The Raspberry Pi Foundation have a Troubleshooting Guide on their website: https://www.raspberrypi.org/learning/tr ... ing-guide/

These forums have a post which contains all the information currently available about getting an RPi to boot: "STICKY: Is your Pi not booting? (The Boot Problems Sticky)" at viewtopic.php?f=28&t=58151

hippy

Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am

If you cannot resolve the issue yourself using the above mentioned guides, it may be worth contacting your retailer to see what "return, test, repair or replace" service or warranty they offer.

kondaveetiarungopal

Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:39 am

Hi,

Thank you for your Reply.Yes i gone through the MAGPI and links mentioned above.
Some DOubts?

1)How much time it will take Blown Fuses(Reset Fuses) to work Properly if those fuses corrupted.

2)for formatting sd card iam using Linux OS(GPARTED,fdisk)..But in SD card Image writing instruction mentioned SD Card Formatter.is there any difference?

3)Can i Replace (soldering) new SD Card connector with the Place of old sd card connector?

4)if My problem is not solved from the above instructions what i have to do with PI?My money is weasted is PI is corrupted.

Please tell me..

kondaveetiarungopal

Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:04 am

hippy wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:10 am
If you cannot resolve the issue yourself using the above mentioned guides, it may be worth contacting your retailer to see what "return, test, repair or replace" service or warranty they offer.
Hi Hippy,

Thank you for your Reply.I bought from a local shop so they did not give any returns or replacements.
Please guide me how to debug that one.My Work is stoppped becuase of that one.
I did one thing during my work hours.
1)I have cp210x usb to ttl converter so it as 3.3 v and 5v pins.so i gave 5v from usb adapter to raspberry pi gpio 5v Pin.at that time pi suddenly stops and it is showing red light from onwards.

Please tell me any blown happens on Board.if Happens how to debug the Power Levels on Board..

hippy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am

kondaveetiarungopal wrote:
1)I have cp210x usb to ttl converter so it as 3.3 v and 5v pins.so i gave 5v from usb adapter to raspberry pi gpio 5v Pin.at that time pi suddenly stops and it is showing red light from onwards.
Depending on exactly how you did that it may have been what has damaged the Pi.

My recommendation would be to purchase another Pi and not attempt to power it from the USB serial adapter.

kondaveetiarungopal

Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:25 pm

hippy wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 11:36 am
Depending on exactly how you did that it may have been what has damaged the Pi.

My recommendation would be to purchase another Pi and not attempt to power it from the USB serial adapter.

Hi Hippy,

Thank you for valuable reply.another PI?Please tell me what will happen to pi because of power supply levels? so this PI will not work?

no debugging method?Please tell me if any short circuit happens on particular level how to debug that one ?

how to debug that situation?

kondaveetiarungopal

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:14 pm

Hi,

Please give valuable replys for debug this issue..it is some what urgent.

hippy

Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:23 pm

Unfortunately it is not clear what particular issue you wish to debug.

kondaveetiarungopal

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:25 am

hippy wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:23 pm
Unfortunately it is not clear what particular issue you wish to debug.

Hi,

Red Light LED stops while in Booting.My PI is not Booting from sd card.it is stops while in Booting condition with showing Red Light.

How to debug this one,i gone through the instructions from above but no use.

it is showing same thing red light.

Please tell me is there any Method to debug this one?
Because only 3 days back only i bought board.

hippy

Fri Aug 17, 2018 10:38 am

Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:25 am
Red Light LED stops while in Booting.My PI is not Booting from sd card.it is stops while in Booting condition with showing Red Light.

How to debug this one,i gone through the instructions from above but no use.
It does not seem possible to debug the board. You do not have a meter so cannot test voltage levels. If it is a hardware issue you will not be able to repair it yourself. You may be able to find someone locally who could help you. Which country are you in ?

The recommended course would be to contact the retailer. If the shop which sold it to you won't accept returns or replace it, and you cannot get them to change their stance, you may have no choice but to purchase a new Pi board. I would recommend purchasing from an official supplier or a shop which will accept returns and offer replacements.

Return to “Troubleshooting”