Piefurz

elo 5010 touch panel configurations

Tue Aug 07, 2018 7:39 pm

Noob looking for help getting an elo 5010 touch panel working with 3 or 3B+. Have tried several threads and links to other sites with little success. I have been able to rotate the touch 90 degrees. I have set the resolution to [email protected] and have tried other settings. Tried disabling overscan. The issue I have is the pointer doesn't match the touch. At the center of the screen it is on and progressively goes off as you go to the edges. I have tried xinput calibrator. I have created files in the two locations where directed to. When I tried something with xserver and rebooted I ended up at a prompt needing to be logged in and when I did I couldn't get to the GUI. Please assist with specific steps to gather information and troubleshooting. Thanks

Piefurz

Re: elo 5010 touch panel configurations

Wed Aug 15, 2018 2:27 am

Has anyone ever successfully used ELO drivers for the 5010, 12 inch touch panel using any OS on a raspberry pi of any model? I am not good enough with Linux systems to make sure I am giving it a fighting chance. I called ELO and the tech says the panel is 10 years old and he thinks that the Pi doesn't have what it takes to make it work. I run into executable that can't be found even if I am in the directory using terminal. Running commands from the file system doesn't appear to work either although a lot of things have to be right to get results. Anyone with this panel and more smarts than me able to get it working? panel is ET1215L-3CWA-1-G, E083709. Trying to get a decent size touch panel set up for a handicap person to play solitaire with big cards for ease of touching. Also want to add remote control for basic TV functions.

Return to “Troubleshooting”