LinuxKoku

Raspberry PI3 Bluetooth COM Port (rfcomm.conf file does not exist)

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Hello,

I try to send data by bluetooth Raspberry PI 3 and I have a problem on my Raspberry! the service Raspberry PI 3 COM port is not installed, I tried to follow this tutorial (viewtopic.php?p=947185#p947185) and for my part the file rfcomm.conf does not exist, by doing sudo nano /etc/bluetooth/rfcomm.conf me creates a new file, so I went to the bluetooth directory in etc and I did not find this file, so I think there is something which is not yet installed. I even did a test with:

Code: Select all

sudo rfcomm connect hci0 xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx 
Can't connect RFCOMM socket: Invalid exchange
:?: What do I need to install to get this configuration file (rfcomm.conf) to enable the bluetooth COM port service?

Thank you
Thank you all :)

topguy

Re: Raspberry PI3 Bluetooth COM Port (rfcomm.conf file does not exist)

Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:36 pm

No packages contain the rcomm.conf file, you are supposed to write it yourself. The vaiues in the file just automates setting up rfcomm for a specific BT device.

There is a big ( but old ) thread here: viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125922 on this subject.

sudo rfcomm connect hci0 xx: xx: xx: xx: xx: xx
You are not supposed to have spaces in the mac address "12:34:56:78:89:00"

LinuxKoku

Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:38 pm

Yes thank you, I did not make these mistakes, it is errors of strikes,

Otherwise here is a test that I made with the software BlueSoleil and in fact, my Raspberry PI is well detected, I can even send and receive files, but the serial port service is not activated!
Attachments
Port.png
Port.png (134.68 KiB) Viewed 683 times

Douglas6

Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:02 pm

I am not sure if the rfcomm.conf is used anymore. Whether it exists has no effect on whether SPP is running or not. What does sudo

sdptool browse local 
tell you?
What device are you trying to connect to, and how are you trying to connect? Of course, the devices must be paired and trusted first.

LinuxKoku

Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:22 am

Hello, thank you for your answer,

I use a Raspberry PI 3 and I would be worth connecting it serially via bluetooth with my PC (Windows), my Raspberry PI 3 with its internal bluetooth and my PC with a Bluetooth dongle, to know if my RPI connects in series, I can do a test with blueSoleil to see if the serial port is activated, in my case it is not (see picture above!)

I also have to say that I made a RS232 link with USB / RS232 adapter on the port ('/ dev / ttyUSB') and the liasion works very well, but I do not know if it is him who deactivates the link bluetooth series!

As in your tutorial I try to run sudo nano /etc/systemd/system/dbus-org.bluez.service but it does not work because this file does not exist (dbus- org.bluez.service), so I can not go further

: roll: So in summary my goal is to make a serial link with my computer via bluetooth

LinuxKoku

Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:17 am

sudo sdptool browse local
it gives : Failed to connect to SDP server on FF:FF:FF:00:00:00: No such file or directory

Return to “Troubleshooting”