aximili

Pi 3 B+ from official starter kit never booted

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:01 pm

Hi all !

I received my first Pi (3 B+) yesterday, in the official starter kit, from Kubii.

Unfortunately, it never booted. I checked the Boot problems sticky, and that doesn't seem to cover my problem.

I am using the power supply and SD card from the kit, and only have a constant red light.

I have tried to flash the SD card (using etcher) to put only the latest release of Raspbian on it, but it doesn't work either.

I have tried with and without keyboard, with and without HDMI cable, and the result is always the same.

So, what should I try next ?

Thanks for you help !

pcmanbob

Re: Pi 3 B+ from official starter kit never booted

Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm

Hi.

Seeing as this is a new item your first port of call is the supplier ( Kubii ), contact them and ask for it to be replaced as you have tried with a fresh install of raspbian , assuming the SD card write was successful and power sounds ok if you have a red LED illuminated, don't see what else you can try unless you have another pi to test the SD card in.
Remember we want information.......................no information no help
The use of crystal balls & mind reading is not supported

FTrevorGowen
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

Re: Pi 3 B+ from official starter kit never booted

Fri Jun 22, 2018 6:03 pm

pcmanbob wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:17 pm
Hi.

Seeing as this is a new item your first port of call is the supplier ( Kubii ), contact them and ask for it to be replaced as you have tried with a fresh install of raspbian , assuming the SD card write was successful and power sounds ok if you have a red LED illuminated, don't see what else you can try unless you have another pi to test the SD card in.
+1 and a couple of questions:
Did the supplied card come with an O.S. image installed or the NOOBS O.S. installer?
Have you a different uSDHC card you could try writing the latest Raspbian image to (possibly also using a USB based card writer rather than any ",built in" card slot on the computer used to write the image)?
Trev.
Still running Raspbian Jessie on some older Pi's (an A, B1, B2, B+, P2B, 3xP0, P0W) but Stretch on my P3B+, P3B, B+, A+ and a B2. See: https://www.cpmspectrepi.uk/raspberry_pi/raspiidx.htm

Return to “Troubleshooting”