Tfontoura

Weird issue Wifi + bluetooth PI Zero W

Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:18 pm

Raspberry PI Zero W
Raspbian Stretch

When I power hci0 on with bluetoothctl or hciconfig, the wifi stops working IF the bluetooth external device is off.
If I turn the external bluetooth speaker on, I am then able to turn hci0 on and the wifi connection stays normal. I just turn the bt speaker off, and all I get is 2 pings to anything and nothing else. Any ideas on what could be wrong? It seems the pi searches for the bt speaker and locks wifi. How can I turn hci0 on without it trying to scan or whaterever it is trying to do?

When bt external speaker is off and I try to turn hci0 on, syslog gives me

Code: Select all

Mar 20 13:06:06 pi bluetoothd[497]: Unable to get Hands-Free Voice gateway SDP record: Host is down
Mar 20 13:06:12 pi bluetoothd[497]: Unable to get Hands-Free Voice gateway SDP record: Host is down
Mar 20 13:06:16 pi bluetoothd[497]: Unable to get Hands-Free Voice gateway SDP record: Software caused connection abort
Thanks in advance.

Line40

Re: Weird issue Wifi + bluetooth PI Zero W

Sat Jun 09, 2018 5:44 pm

I'm having a similar issue, it seems when a bluetooth device is turned off, the PI Zero's BT hardware, or maybe BT software stack, blocks WIFI. Is this a known issue? Where does one report such things so the dev's can look into it?

Cheers

Line40

Return to “Troubleshooting”