gozat

SFTP but no more SSH on my Raspberry Pi

Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:53 am

I have two Pi, one with monitor R1 and one headless R2. I use R1 to access R2 via SSH. It was working perfectly, until this morning : R1 can no more access R2 via SSH. The funny things are
- R1 can ping R2
- R1 can SFTP R2 via FileZilla
but I always get "Connection time out" on Xterm or Termit when asking for or changing localhost to the actual IP address. I give default name for simplicity, actually everything is in local network, and R1 connects to the network via Wifi, whereas R2 is connected through ethernet.

I've tried to restart SSH service on R1, reboot R2, apt-get update/dist-upgrade on R1 (difficult to do that without head and without SSH on R2), but nothing works so far.

As far as I can remember, the only I did since the last time SSH was working perfectly is to install code::blocks on R1 using apt-get, which I think installed Xterm as the default terminal on R1.

topguy

Re: SFTP but no more SSH on my Raspberry Pi

Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:10 pm

It should be "raspberrypi.local" not "localhost" but that might have been a typo from your side.
But also if you have two RPi they might broadcast the same name if you haven't changed it.

If you can, you should find a way to verify that both Pis has the ip-adresses you assume they have. Do you have many other computers/smartphones/tablets on the same network ?

Return to “Troubleshooting”