I just got my RPi 3 B and am having issues...
Everything works perfectly until I do an "sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade". Once I do that and configure wifi, I run into serious issues. The RPi becomes unresponsive and kernel panics.
Like I said before, everything works fine if I don't upgrade. Everything also works fine if I upgrade but don't configure Wifi. I get the kernel panics after I upgrade AND configure Wifi.
1. Flash SD card with Raspbian Lite
2. Copy "ssh" file to /boot, to enable SSH
3. SSH into RPi.
4. sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
5. sudo reboot
6. sudo raspi-config
7. In raspi-config, configure Wifi by setting the SSID and password.
8. Several seconds later kernel panic
9. Reboot device, login prompt comes up, kernel panics follow.
Anyone have any advice? Thank you.