amin_m

Unable to connect to raspberry pi after windows 10 updates

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:22 pm

Hello,

Yesterday I updated my windows computer as it was required by windows, I was able to connect to my pi using samba before the update but after an update, I get this error that I have attached to the post.

I have been searching everywhere and no solution has popped up yet, it seems to be Microsoft problem and unclear when they are going to fix it. does anyone have any workaround for this issue?
Attachments
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (8.75 KiB) Viewed 1541 times

dgordon42

Re: Unable to connect to raspberry pi after windows 10 updates

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:39 pm

Had a similar problem recently with Windows Update, it turned off Samba on Windows 10.
Try:
Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows features on or off, wait for the list to populate, then scroll down to "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support", and tick the box (if it's been deselected as happened to me). Reboot, and try again.

Hope this helps,
Dave.

amin_m

Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:45 pm

Had a similar problem recently with Windows Update, it turned off Samba on Windows 10.
Try:
Control Panel -> Programs -> Turn Windows features on or off, wait for the list to populate, then scroll down to "SMB 1.0/CIFS File Sharing Support", and tick the box (if it's been deselected as happened to me). Reboot, and try again.

Hope this helps,
Dave.
It was on so I turned off reboot the pc turned it back on reboot again but it did not fix the issue

mitutee

Thu May 24, 2018 2:42 pm

I have the same issue after today's updates! And I don't know, how to deal with it

Return to “Troubleshooting”