MirkoKay

Touchscreen 90 degrees wrong aspect ratio

Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:16 pm

Normally I should write "lcd_rotate=1" into "/boot/config.txt" and the screen should be rotated 90 degrees. But sadly this is not working. So I figured out a workaround. I used "display_rotate=1". That works fine, but this doesn't turn the touch area. So I found out how to turn the touch area too. With the following command the touch area is rotated 90 degrees:

Code: Select all

DISPLAY=:0 xinput --set-prop 'FT5406 memory based driver' 'Coordinate Transformation Matrix' 0 1 0 -1 0 1 0 0 1
Perfect, so far. Took me only several days and made me a little bit more crazy. Super complicated. If "lcd_rotate" would work, I could've safed A BIG BUNCH of time. Anyway. Now the screen aspect ratio is not perfect. You can see it with the round icons, they are not round, more like a egg. Can someone give me a workaround for this? I attached a screenshot and drew a red circle around the raspberry icon. It's not so obvious, but the bigger the image, the more you can see it.
Attachments
screenshot.jpg
screenshot.jpg (232.05 KiB) Viewed 162 times

MirkoKay

Re: Touchscreen 90 degrees wrong aspect ratio

Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:31 pm

I took another photo of the screen showing a circle. It's obvious that the screen doesn't show the image in the right aspect ratio. But how to fix that? It's the official raspberry screen. There should be a solution for this. If no one knows help, where can I get help directly form the Raspberry crew? Maybe a link where I can open a support ticket would be great. But right now the screen is not working how it should be.
Attachments
circle.jpg
circle.jpg (117.49 KiB) Viewed 104 times

MirkoKay

Re: Touchscreen 90 degrees wrong aspect ratio

Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:58 pm

The problem is still there. I need help with that, please.

Return to “Troubleshooting”