HonzaK

RPI 3B NOOBS install problem

Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:13 pm

Hello,
I have an issue with my RPI.
You can see my problem in this video: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AhSgr9UwFsNdgecCBpnP2Vcd-hl2lQ
I don't know what I should do. I tried to boot different OSes on different SD Cards, but it also didn't work.
Thank you
Jan Klimek

wh7qq

Re: RPI 3B NOOBS install problem

Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 am

I don't do videos due to a bandwith usage cap but generally, when you can't install, it is a problem with the uSD card or the file. Try a fresh download of Noobs or better, Raspbian. Check the sha256sum to be the same as what is published on the Download page and then use Etcher to burn it to the uSD. Etcher does the unzip, burning and checking all in one step and I have yet to see it fail. The uSD card can then be placed in the RPi and power applied. It should boot to a useable desktop if Raspbian, or to a selection screen in Noobs.

It is always possible that your uSD card is faulty or counterfeit. Checking it with "h2testw" or "f3" can tell you that but it does take some time, especially for larger cards. Use only premium grade cards from major manufacturers. I prefer SanDisk Ultra, 16G, class 10 and I buy them from Amazon and have yet to get a dud. YMMV
Sent by WH7QQ from an RPi3/Raspbian/pixel desktop.

Return to “Troubleshooting”