wildbi111

RPi3 WiFi issues (still)

Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:27 am

I posted earlier earlier this month regarding the issues I am having with the on board WiFi. Well those issues are still plaguing me. Repeated reboots accomplish nothing with the same negative results coming from clicking on the network icon on the task bar, selecting the WiFi network, entering the passphrase and hitting OK. I am completely stumped.

The ping times during the occasions when the on board WiFi was up were ridiculous. Anywhere from less than .99ms to 21000.0+ms. I disabled the on board WiFi by adding "dtoverlay=pi3-disable-wifi " to the boot/config.txt and plugged in a reliable WiFi dongle previously used on a Rpi2+. At first it worked great but soon developed similar (but not as worse) symptoms as the on board WiFi.

I'm currently running the Rpi3 with the on board WiFi disabled, a WiFi dongle and the Ethernet port. The Ethernet port works 100% of the time, the WiFi dongle is good about 75% of the time.

sora03

Re: RPi3 WiFi issues (still)

Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:33 am

can test if i is a power management of the wifi being on. also is there any possible interference to the Pi or crowded WiFi AP in your area?
I do not have a Pi 3 but i have a 24/7 RPi 2B as WiFI AP and I wrote a script to check if the network is working if not then reconnect to net or restart hostapd process
the power management can be disabled see this thread viewtopic.php?f=29&t=194619
FLOSS enthusiast, Debian user (linux-libre)

Return to “Troubleshooting”