deady1000

Raspi3 headless SSH/Ethernet problem

Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm

Dear community,

I try to use my RasPi3 headless with plugged in ethernet cable and wifi deactivated. The OS is the latest Ubuntu MATE 16.

Unfortunately in 80% I cannot connect to it over SSH. (I always wait long enough - at least 2 minutes.)
Sometimes (not often) it works instantly.

But then when I connect it to HDMI it seems to be connected to Ethernet correctly. Afterwards I can connect over SSH.

There are two possibilities in my opinion. Maybe it won't connect to ethernet unless it is connected to a monitor or SSH is not working until it is connected to a monitor.

Do you know this issue?

Thank you in advance.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Raspi3 headless SSH/Ethernet problem

Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:12 pm

deady1000 wrote:
Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:43 pm
Dear community,

I try to use my RasPi3 headless with plugged in ethernet cable and wifi deactivated. The OS is the latest Ubuntu MATE 16.

Unfortunately in 80% I cannot connect to it over SSH. (I always wait long enough - at least 2 minutes.)
Sometimes (not often) it works instantly.

But then when I connect it to HDMI it seems to be connected to Ethernet correctly. Afterwards I can connect over SSH.

There are two possibilities in my opinion. Maybe it won't connect to ethernet unless it is connected to a monitor or SSH is not working until it is connected to a monitor.

Do you know this issue?

Thank you in advance.

Ubuntu-Mate Community Edition for the RPi 2/3B has its own website and forum:

https://ubuntu-mate.org/raspberry-pi/
Retired disgracefully.....

Return to “Troubleshooting”