elmapache

Fresh 2017-07-05 raspbian jessie install, can't upgrade due to problem with python3.4

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:14 am

Hello.

I've downloaded the image 2017-07-05-raspbian-jessie.img. When I do 'sudo apt-get update' and 'sudo apt-get upgrade' I get this error:

dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
files list file for package 'python3.4' is missing final newline
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)

I've tried all kind of things without success:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo dpkg --configure -a
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ sudo apt-get install -f

I also tried this:

for package in $(apt-get upgrade 2>&1 | grep "warning: files list file" | sed "s/.*'//; s/://"); do apt-get install --reinstall "$package"; done

sudo apt-get -f install
sudo apt-get autoremove
sudo apt-get purge
sudo apt-get clean

Any idea? it's a fresh install, I've done this before with success and now I can't figure out how to upgrade and install new packages.
Placa: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
Sistema operativo: OpenBSD 6.2.

B.Goode

Re: Fresh 2017-07-05 raspbian jessie install, can't upgrade due to problem with python3.4

Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:24 am

Almost certainly nothing to do with python3.4

The 'missing newline' error seems to be a generic indication that something has gone wrong during the imaging of the microSD card. There are many previous posts on that topic. Etcher seems to be thought to be a reliable way of writing the image to the card.

elmapache

Re: Fresh 2017-07-05 raspbian jessie install, can't upgrade due to problem with python3.4

Tue Aug 01, 2017 11:23 am

I solved it adding 'conv=sync' (OpenBSD and MacOS, otherwise conv=fsync) when using dd

Thanks! :D
Placa: Raspberry Pi 3 Model B.
Sistema operativo: OpenBSD 6.2.

Return to “Troubleshooting”