joesnose

omxplayer sound over hdmi problem.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 8:35 pm

I am having roblem getting audio to my tv over hdmi, I am adding the option -o hdmi but there is no sound.

Any help would be apreciated.

joesnose

Re: omxplayer sound over hdmi problem.

Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 pm

Small update.

If i add -r i get sound so ""omxplayer -o hdmi -r video.mp4" gives me sound, trouble is when i press q to quit the omxplayer i am left with a black screen. The pi is still running as i am able to type sudo halt in order to shut down but having to reboot after a movie is a small pain. previously i was watching videos with sound, not sure how i broke it.

Anyone able to shed light on this matter?

thanks.

Genius23008

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:09 pm

That's weird. All I need to do is omxplayer -o hdmi (FILE). How are yours encoded?

joesnose

Tue Oct 02, 2012 8:46 pm

Hello,

i was trying to play an MP4 file. it is strange indeed as after my first install of raspbian it was working, as i am new i was trying some things out. tThen on another install i had the problem i stated, my system got borked when i was trying to sudo halt on a black screen which was failing to work and i pulled the plug. no worries i thought now i can reinstall and this will fix the problem. fresh install same problem! so looks like i am stuck this way.

Cancelor

Mon Nov 16, 2015 6:13 am

The info here got things working for me :) viewtopic.php?t=5062
Can't find the thread you want? Try googling : YourSearchHere site:raspberrypi.org

Return to “Troubleshooting”