PiLie

Pi Zero W Problems With Wifi And Bluetooth

Fri Jun 16, 2017 7:28 am

Hello, well, I've bought a Pi Zero W around 3 months back and while its wifi worked very well for around a month or two, now it has broken or something like that has happened. Now i cannot find any APs or bluetooth devices while scanning for them. I have installed the latest Raspbian and I have done The following: "Sudo apt-get update ; Sudo apt-get dist-upgrade " while using a wifi dongle and an ssh connection. I had this problem for around 2 weeks now and i have reinstalled raspbian 3 times now. I also have an older raspberry pi B which works great with the same SD card. I was thinking, that it might be because of the antenna or something like that.

pi_everalm

Re: Pi Zero W Problems With Wifi And Bluetooth

Sat Jun 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Had similar issues with 2 different WZ's.

One had a range on WiFi of less than a couple of feet
The other, similar to you, WiFi and BT worked OK for a couple of weeks then WiFi stopped working, BT continued to work.

Swapped SD cards, used SD cards from a working Pi ZW, updated kernel etc to no avail

Returned to vendor for replacement, can only assume a dodgy wireless chip so no software fix will work

PiLie

Re: Pi Zero W Problems With Wifi And Bluetooth

Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:34 pm

Well, I think, I cannot really ask for a replacement, because i bought it online from Pi Hut, but i will try and maybe get a new Zero W, but Thanks.

Return to “Troubleshooting”