Can anyone help?
In brief: onboard BT adapter works very poor when external USB webcam is being used to capture video.
In details: when I try to capture video from webcam, connected via usb to my Pi 3, bluetooth transmission hangs due errors in kernel. When I stop capture, everything is fine again.
Code: Select all
May 29 10:33:24 raspberrypi kernel: [ 180.866013] Bluetooth: hci0 SCO packet for unknown connection handle 2 May 29 10:33:24 raspberrypi kernel: [ 180.866080] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84) May 29 10:33:24 raspberrypi kernel: [ 180.866142] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84) May 29 10:33:31 raspberrypi kernel: [ 187.890840] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84) May 29 10:33:33 raspberrypi kernel: [ 189.890289] Bluetooth: hci0 command 0x0411 tx timeout May 29 10:33:33 raspberrypi kernel: [ 190.132443] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84) May 29 10:33:33 raspberrypi kernel: [ 190.338437] Bluetooth: hci0: Frame reassembly failed (-84) May 29 10:33:38 raspberrypi bluetoothd: HUP or ERR on socket: Connection timed out (110)
- raspbian image 2017-01-11-raspbian-jessie-lite
- 'uname -a' => Linux raspberrypi 4.4.34-v7+ #930 SMP Wed Nov 23 15:20:41 GMT 2016 armv7l GNU/Linux
- bluez 5.23-2+rpi2
- I'm using Pi in console mode, no gui installed. Error happens with either ffmpeg or gstreamer being used to capture - I tried both.
- Stream captured: 640x480x10fps
I suppose this bug is not related to capture software. I'm not so familiar with gstreamer, but when I launch ffmpeg to encode some test video in parallel with BT transmission , all works fine. So, It's somehow connected to camera access.
First thought was may be camera is taking all usb bandwidth, so almost nothing left for bluetooth, but I can do capture from TWO cameras in parallel with no errors in output videos. Very strange...
regarding possible proposals:
- yes, I tried to upgrade system 'sudo apt-get upgrade' - it changes nothing
- and, yes, I tried different webcam (three, actually)
- more, I tried another Pi 3 box with same results
- and tried on 'fresh' system
- and with different capture settings
Ready to provide further details if needed.
Thanks in advance