fpaganel80
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Sat Apr 22, 2017 12:21 pm

I have installed Teamviewer on Raspberry and I setup the personal password.
I don't know why Teamviewer doesn't accept that password just after reboot

I have tried to start Teamviewer manually, by shell, where I set the password with the parameter -passwd, but the password is never accepted again.

Could someone explain me why?
Thanks

craigdudley
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:04 pm

I have similar issues with it.

1) If you have VNC enabled as well, TeamViewer probably won't work after anyone has used a VNC session.
2) TeamViewer seems to set a new random password after every session - you can disable this but I'm not sure it works.
3) Many times when you connect to TeamViewer you can't use the keyboard or mouse.

It's still only a preview and still TV11, no sign of TV12 for pi yet so I guess they know it's a bit buggy.

craigdudley
Posts: 11
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:32 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Mon Apr 24, 2017 4:17 pm

I just checked and it looks like TV 12 host for Raspbian is now out. Seems better.

fpaganel80
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:01 am

Oh I'm not alone... . I have tried to ask in a StackOverflowtopic, but none replied.

Did you try to install the TV 12? How did you do?
As soon as possible I will share my procedure.

Thanks in advance

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 23334
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:20 am

https://pages.teamviewer.com/published/raspberrypi/

Why are people not contacting the TeamViewer Developers ?

IMO RealVNC Connect is far better and supported: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/get-ba ... c-connect/
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

fpaganel80
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:31 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:https://pages.teamviewer.com/published/raspberrypi/

Why are people not contacting the TeamViewer Developers ?

IMO RealVNC Connect is far better and supported: https://www.raspberrypi.org/blog/get-ba ... c-connect/
Hi fruitoftheloom,
We didn'nt contact TV Developers. Is it easy? How can we do? Is there a TV forum?
Actually, I hoped to find out the solution in this forum where there are other Pi users that live the same situation.

RealVNC is better if you are in the same network (LAN), otherwise it would be necessary a static IP and port forwarding in the right local ip.

Thanks
Francesco

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 23334
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:35 am

fpaganel80 wrote: RealVNC is better if you are in the same network (LAN), otherwise it would be necessary a static IP and port forwarding in the right local ip.

Thanks
Francesco
Please read the link I provided regards RealVNC Connect before totally dismissing:

Our cloud service brokers a secure, end-to-end encrypted connection back to your Pi, letting you take control simply and securely from wherever you happen to be.

OK so it uses RealVNC as a middleman but IMO more secure
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

fpaganel80
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:46 am

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:41 am

fruitoftheloom wrote:
Please read the link I provided regards RealVNC Connect before totally dismissing:

Our cloud service brokers a secure, end-to-end encrypted connection back to your Pi, letting you take control simply and securely from wherever you happen to be.

OK so it uses RealVNC as a middleman but IMO more secure
Wow, I didn't know this feature... as soon as possible I will try it and I ask you help if I will be necessary.
Thank you so much!

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 23334
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed Apr 26, 2017 9:45 am

fpaganel80 wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:
Please read the link I provided regards RealVNC Connect before totally dismissing:

Our cloud service brokers a secure, end-to-end encrypted connection back to your Pi, letting you take control simply and securely from wherever you happen to be.

OK so it uses RealVNC as a middleman but IMO more secure
Wow, I didn't know this feature... as soon as possible I will try it and I ask you help if I will be necessary.
Thank you so much!
RealVNC are based in Cambridge UK just up the road from Pi Towers. VNC was developed in Cambridge UK: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_Network_Computing
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

Fbueno
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon May 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Mon May 08, 2017 9:25 pm

Good afternoon, excuse me with the help of the translator.

I installed raspbian jessie with pixel; (I am very inexperienced in linux). I need to install teamviewer, I do it from "add sodtware" in the raspberry, or from the version for raspbian and I have the following concerns and problems.

1. The ID changes after each restart; Either by adding my device to my TV account
2. In the same way, the fixed password no longer works.
3. There are times when my raspberry after a few hours on (the TV off); And to pass to HDMI does not show me the raspberry image neither moving the mouse nor anything ...

4. I need to access the raspberry remotely to be opening a page in chromium, just for that ... VNC worked me very slow ... Any other option to TV?


Sorry for the inconvenience, I appreciate the help.

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 23334
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Tue May 09, 2017 8:55 am

Fbueno wrote:Good afternoon, excuse me with the help of the translator.

I installed raspbian jessie with pixel; (I am very inexperienced in linux). I need to install teamviewer, I do it from "add sodtware" in the raspberry, or from the version for raspbian and I have the following concerns and problems.

1. The ID changes after each restart; Either by adding my device to my TV account
2. In the same way, the fixed password no longer works.
3. There are times when my raspberry after a few hours on (the TV off); And to pass to HDMI does not show me the raspberry image neither moving the mouse nor anything ...

4. I need to access the raspberry remotely to be opening a page in chromium, just for that ... VNC worked me very slow ... Any other option to TV?


Sorry for the inconvenience, I appreciate the help.
https://pages.teamviewer.com/published/raspberrypi/
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

mercedes1954
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed May 17, 2017 8:44 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Wed May 17, 2017 10:05 pm

Fruitoftheloom - Why direct to a page that has no answer?

I have been using the Pi with TV 11 for arm without problem but now I am getting the same issues as Fbueno. On installing the package TV gives an ID but this changes on reboot. After about 4 reboots it remains unchanged. However the permanent password is not kept through reboot. This makes it useless for remote admin of a Pi.

I have tried the new TV 12 .deb but the result is the same.

What changed? This is crucial yet the post here from 8th May remains unanswered with a meaningful reply!

fruitoftheloom
Posts: 23334
Joined: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:40 pm
Location: Delightful Dorset

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Thu May 18, 2017 5:01 am

mercedes1954 wrote:Fruitoftheloom - Why direct to a page that has no answer?

I have been using the Pi with TV 11 for arm without problem but now I am getting the same issues as Fbueno. On installing the package TV gives an ID but this changes on reboot. After about 4 reboots it remains unchanged. However the permanent password is not kept through reboot. This makes it useless for remote admin of a Pi.

I have tried the new TV 12 .deb but the result is the same.

What changed? This is crucial yet the post here from 8th May remains unanswered with a meaningful reply!

This Forum is run by volunteers and questions are answered by volunteers.
Rather than negativity think outside the box !
RPi 4B 4GB (SSD Boot)..
Asus ChromeBox 3 Celeron is my other computer...

wcndave
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:30 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:49 pm

I have the latest TV installed on a pi3, however it's very very slow, in fact connecting is enough to crash the pi, does anyone have experience of running teamviewer on pi3 successfully that could give some pointers?

User avatar
HawaiianPi
Posts: 5829
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:53 am
Location: Aloha, Oregon USA

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Fri Sep 14, 2018 1:27 am

For TeamViewer support you should try the TeamViewer web site.

https://community.teamviewer.com/
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/videos/
https://www.teamviewer.com/en/support/

While you might get lucky and find someone here to help, the officially supported remote access system for the Pi is RealVNC, and that's what most of us use. If you can't find a solution for your Team Viewer troubles, you should consider giving RealVNC a try. The RealVNC server is included with Raspbian Stretch Desktop, and the RealVNC Viewer is free.
My mind is like a browser. 27 tabs are open, 9 aren't responding,
lots of pop-ups...and where is that annoying music coming from?

stiekemeheld
Posts: 1
Joined: Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:56 pm

Re: TeamViewer on Raspberry Pi 3

Sun Feb 10, 2019 1:58 pm

Hi,
i have a question.
i got teamviewer host running on the rpi3 but i want to be able to connect to my windows computer instead of being able to connect from. So that i can control my laptop using the rpi. does anyone know if this is possible?

sincerely

Return to “Troubleshooting”