Napoleon_BlownApart

Performance Benchmarks

Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:12 am

I have a stock standard Pi3 Model B on which I have installed Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.
uname -a returns:

Code: Select all

Linux pi 4.4.0-1052-raspi2 #59-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 31 14:59:41 UTC 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
I am curious how my SD card is performing compared to others who have done the same. Are there any benchmark scripts/binaries in use for this purpose and is there a tabulation of results available?

I am particularly interested in read and write times as I'm finding that things like 'auto-completion' in bash can take a few seconds, and importing of some SQL scripts causes my phpMyAdmin to timeout because it takes sol long time to create the database files.

fruitoftheloom

Re: Performance Benchmarks

Wed Apr 05, 2017 3:07 pm

Napoleon_BlownApart wrote:I have a stock standard Pi3 Model B on which I have installed Ubuntu 16.04.2 LTS.
uname -a returns:

Code: Select all

Linux pi 4.4.0-1052-raspi2 #59-Ubuntu SMP Fri Mar 31 14:59:41 UTC 2017 armv7l armv7l armv7l GNU/Linux
I am curious how my SD card is performing compared to others who have done the same. Are there any benchmark scripts/binaries in use for this purpose and is there a tabulation of results available?

I am particularly interested in read and write times as I'm finding that things like 'auto-completion' in bash can take a few seconds, and importing of some SQL scripts causes my phpMyAdmin to timeout because it takes sol long time to create the database files.
It should be noted that the Ubuntu Flavors available are entirely Community Supported, therefore may not be fully optimised..

Raspbian Jessie with Pixel is supported by the Raspberry Pi Foundation.

SD Cards can make a huge difference, see:

https://www.pidramble.com/wiki/benchmarks/microsd-cards
The information is out there....you just have to let it in.

My other Linux machines are a ChromeBox & Intel CoreDuo Desktop

Return to “Troubleshooting”