danieljay

DVI-D - HDMI adaptor issues

Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:08 pm

Hello all, just received my Rasp.Pi.

problems I've been having plus a backstory;

So, I purchased a DVI-D-HDMI adaptor. When I initially connected it, it took me to the boot menu. I noticed that as it was booting, it seemed to be continuously showing a "timeout" message (in a frenzy and no experience, I disconnected the Pi's power). Now my display will not show a signal.

I tested two different 4gb and 8gb approved SD cards, both with Rasbian and Debian.

restored the OS on both cards 2+ times each.

also did everything under the sun to reconfigure the config.txt file including deleting the entire thing.

the Pi seems to boot up with the OK led flashing a bit for a good 10ish seconds or so, then solid red power led is just active. But once again, nothing outputting to the display. says their is no connection.

HELP.

danieljay

Re: DVI-D - HDMI adaptor issues

Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:54 pm

great! thanks

obcd

Re: DVI-D - HDMI adaptor issues

Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:23 am

DVI-D-HDMI, is that one of those passive plugs to connect a hdmi signal to the dvi connector of a pc monitor?
You can try the E-Linux troubleshooting section.
A lot of tweaking related to video can be found there as well.
It's just changing settings in the /boot/config.txt file.
Also try to measure the TP1 - TP2 voltage to ensure it lies between 4.85 and 5.25V.
You can also try to connect it to a router. The normal OS image should try to get a dhcp network adress from it. (Most routers have a webpage that shows the dhcp connected clients) It has SSH enabled, so you should be able to remotely connect to it with a program like putty.
When the Pi boots normally, you should also see the green ok led flashing for a serious amount of time.
(30 sec. - 1 minute)

Return to “Troubleshooting”