hugo_figueiredo

Raspbian wont start GUI

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi,
I think it was when a made the rpi-upgrade, after i reboot the RPI, it wont boot into Desktop. The system autologin but in commandline.

I try to run the startx command, and the result is:

Code: Select all

xauth: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
xauth: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
xinit: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
when i try to do the rpi-update again, the result is:

*** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Performing self-update
curl: error while loading shared libraries: lkbc.so/6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 !!! Failed to download update for rpi-update!
 !!! Make sure you have ca-certificates installed and that the time is set correctly
even when i try to start the kodi

/usr/bin/pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
/usr/bin/pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libyajl.so.2: invalid ELF header
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libyajl.so.2: invalid ELF header
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone  has exited uncleanly 3 times in the last 0 seconds.
Something is probably wrong
Someone can help me please?

DougieLawson

Re: Raspbian wont start GUI

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Time to grab a factory fresh new 8GB (or larger) SDCard and a USB Reader and build a rescue system. It looks like you've catastrophically damaged something like the libc library. Or you've got a fake SDCard. Or you've got a worn out SDCard.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:11 pm

hugo_figueiredo wrote:Hi,
I think it was when a made the rpi-upgrade, after i reboot the RPI, it wont boot into Desktop. The system autologin but in commandline.

Any reason why you are using rpi-update ???

In Raspbian Jessie it installs a Testing Kernel and not recommended. There is now a different recommendation for updating kernel / firmware...
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

hugo_figueiredo

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:19 pm

DougieLawson wrote:Time to grab a factory fresh new 8GB (or larger) SDCard and a USB Reader and build a rescue system. It looks like you've catastrophically damaged something like the libc library. Or you've got a fake SDCard. Or you've got a worn out SDCard.
Really? the only solution is reinstaling the raspbian? :(

hugo_figueiredo

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:21 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:

In Raspbian Jessie it installs a Testing Kernel and not recommended. There is now a different recommendation for updating kernel / firmware...
I thought it was a good pratice time to time update the firmware.

DougieLawson

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:22 pm

There's a word beginning with "F" that describes your current system. When it's in a state like that, cut your losses, build a rescue system so you can save a copy of stuff that's valuable on your fubar'ed SDCard.
Note: Any requirement to use a crystal ball or mind reading will result in me ignoring your question.

Criticising any questions is banned on this forum.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.
All fake doctors are on my foes list.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 pm

hugo_figueiredo wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:

I thought it was a good pratice time to time update the firmware.
Yes it was for Raspbian Wheezy but since Raspbian Jessie you can update via apt-get:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot
https://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Return to “Troubleshooting”