hugo_figueiredo

Raspbian wont start GUI

Sat Jan 07, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi,
I think it was when a made the rpi-upgrade, after i reboot the RPI, it wont boot into Desktop. The system autologin but in commandline.

I try to run the startx command, and the result is:

Code: Select all

xauth: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
xauth: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
xinit: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
when i try to do the rpi-update again, the result is:

*** Raspberry Pi firmware updater by Hexxeh, enhanced by AndrewS and Dom
 *** Performing self-update
curl: error while loading shared libraries: lkbc.so/6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
 !!! Failed to download update for rpi-update!
 !!! Make sure you have ca-certificates installed and that the time is set correctly
even when i try to start the kodi

/usr/bin/pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
/usr/bin/pulseaudio: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libxcb.so.1: ELF file version does not match current one
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libyajl.so.2: invalid ELF header
/usr/lib/kodi/kodi.bin: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf/libyajl.so.2: invalid ELF header
/usr/bin/kodi --standalone  has exited uncleanly 3 times in the last 0 seconds.
Something is probably wrong
Someone can help me please?

DougieLawson

Re: Raspbian wont start GUI

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:00 pm

Time to grab a factory fresh new 8GB (or larger) SDCard and a USB Reader and build a rescue system. It looks like you've catastrophically damaged something like the libc library. Or you've got a fake SDCard. Or you've got a worn out SDCard.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:11 pm

hugo_figueiredo wrote:Hi,
I think it was when a made the rpi-upgrade, after i reboot the RPI, it wont boot into Desktop. The system autologin but in commandline.

Any reason why you are using rpi-update ???

In Raspbian Jessie it installs a Testing Kernel and not recommended. There is now a different recommendation for updating kernel / firmware...
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

hugo_figueiredo

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:19 pm

DougieLawson wrote:Time to grab a factory fresh new 8GB (or larger) SDCard and a USB Reader and build a rescue system. It looks like you've catastrophically damaged something like the libc library. Or you've got a fake SDCard. Or you've got a worn out SDCard.
Really? the only solution is reinstaling the raspbian? :(

hugo_figueiredo

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:21 pm

fruitoftheloom wrote:

In Raspbian Jessie it installs a Testing Kernel and not recommended. There is now a different recommendation for updating kernel / firmware...
I thought it was a good pratice time to time update the firmware.

DougieLawson

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:22 pm

There's a word beginning with "F" that describes your current system. When it's in a state like that, cut your losses, build a rescue system so you can save a copy of stuff that's valuable on your fubar'ed SDCard.
Note: Having anything humorous in your signature is completely banned on this forum. Wear a tin-foil hat and you'll get a ban.

Any DMs sent on Twitter will be answered next month.

This is a doctor free zone.

fruitoftheloom

Sat Jan 07, 2017 4:28 pm

hugo_figueiredo wrote:
fruitoftheloom wrote:

I thought it was a good pratice time to time update the firmware.
Yes it was for Raspbian Wheezy but since Raspbian Jessie you can update via apt-get:

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get dist-upgrade
sudo reboot
https://linux.die.net/man/8/apt-get
Retired disgracefully.....
......to a more gentile life !

Return to “Troubleshooting”