kevinva

Running Florence on Pixel

Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:58 pm

Hi,

Has anybody tried running the Florence virtual keyboard on a Pi with Raspbian Pixel? I had no problems with Florence on the previous version of Rasbpian (it was installed from Noobs vs 1.9.2 a few months ago). Now I can't seem to make Florence work on Raspbian Pixel. When I click on a button on the virtual keyboard, all of Florence closes and the letter/number I pressed doesn't show up on the open application. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
Kevin VA

dpenezic

Re: Running Florence on Pixel

Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:32 pm

Hi ,
just to confirm same issue i have with latest Raspbian with apt-get update/upgrade and official Raspberry Pi LCD screen.

Dubarvko

dpenezic

Re: Running Florence on Pixel

Mon Jan 09, 2017 12:07 am

Hi ,
i found solution for my case :) after spend some time searching and experimenting with configuration.

Solution is as follow :

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install at-spi2-core
This package will solve issue of closing keyboard window without any symbol transfer to text field.

On same time i found that only working input-mode for Florence in combination od RPi and official RPi LCD is mouse, and is hard to change via LCD to right option if you follow common-sense and select Touch-screen option. To resolve that issue try follow commands like pi user :

Code: Select all

gsettings get org.florence.behaviour input-method
export DISPLAY=:0.0
gsettings set org.florence.behaviour input-method button
which will set input-method to Mouse (dont ask way is button synonym for mouse :) ) .

Hope that will help you.

Dubravko

Return to “Troubleshooting”