Grish

Wifi Network not detected in OSMC and LibreElec

Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:01 am

Hi,

first, I'm new to the Raspberry Pi and new to this forum. I hope I'm right here :D . I just bought a Pi3 a few days back because i wanted a cool media center in my living room.
Now the problem, neither on OSMC nor on LibreElec i can connect to my Wifi network. It just isn't detected and does not show up on the list of Wifi networks. There are all the networks of my neighbors and stuff, but not mine. I also tried scanning manually on OSMC with connman via terminal - nothing.
During the installation with NOOBS it didn't show up either, so i had to connect with a cable to my router. That worked.
The thing is, I also tried installing just Raspbian. There my Network ist detected and i can connect without any Problems.

I didn't find anything on the internet about this. Does anyone know this problem or has a solution? Is it a problem with my router. maybe a wrong configuration or something? If you need more information just tell me.

P.S. Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'm no native speaker :D

klricks

Re: Wifi Network not detected in OSMC and LibreElec

Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:51 pm

Make sure your WIFI router is set to 2.4GHz or MIXED. The RPi 3 cannot do 5GHz.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Stretch w/ Desktop OS.

spotberry

Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:49 am

This is one of the basic problem that i faced when i installed OSMC for the first time on "Raspberry Pi Model B+".

I tried troubleshooting by various methods but I could not find a right solution. The simplest way to get WiFi working is to follow this simple and basic procedure first and if this does not work maybe you should look at more advanced troubleshooting methods.

From OSMC, Click "My OSMC"->Network Settings->Disable Tethering. Go to Wireless Settings and you should be able to see all the SSIDs. Choose your SSID and input your credentials.

That's it folks.

mooblie

Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:05 pm

It sounds like your Wifi network (SSID) is maybe HIDDEN?

This is a setting in your router (not the Pi) so you might want to check that.

Return to “Troubleshooting”