wirelessguyny

Boot up Trouble (temp space?)

Wed Jul 06, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi,

I'm looking for any suggestions on how to repair my SD card or get things to a state where I can retrieve at least some info from my system.

I ran a normal sudo shutdown but when trying to bring my Pi 2 B back online I never get past he startup screens. I get some sort of message about not having enough temp space. Is seems ot free thigns up and keep going but hen stops right after starting lightdm

I'm including some screenshots.

After that last line I just get the small colorful square at the top and nothing seems to go forward from there.
Holding shift at startup take me to recovery mode by my only options there seem to be to overwrite everything. IS there any way I can look in to the filesystem on this car and try to either clean things up or take off some of my config files?

My windows PC only shows the recovery partition and not the others. I might be able to use another pi I have and slide the SD card in to an adapter tha converts to USB and then mount from there. Does nayone have any experiencewith that or any other thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks.
WG

Goraxium

Re: Boot up Trouble (temp space?)

Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:53 am

Get a new SD card, write a new copy of Raspbian onto it, boot the Pi with it, then use a USB SD card reader, and your original card, and pull the data off.

There are programs out there that will read other file system formats in Windows, but if the card has issues, you're better off with a new card anyway.

RaTTuS

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:02 am

you may be able to ssh into it at that stage
How To ask Questions :- http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
WARNING - some parts of this post may be erroneous YMMV

1QC43qbL5FySu2Pi51vGqKqxy3UiJgukSX
Covfefe

jojopi

Thu Jul 07, 2016 8:04 am

The GUI display manager (lightdm) is not starting up properly. As you suggest, this is probably because the root filesystem is full.

Press Ctrl+Alt+F2 to switch to another virtual console. You should be able to log in in text mode and delete some files.

Remember to expand the filesystem using "sudo raspi-config" if you have not already done so.

Return to “Troubleshooting”