Matii

Wrong time and date

Sat Jun 18, 2016 8:42 am

I have got raspberry Pi 3 and Openelec installed with Kodi.

My problem is that the time is always incorrect. It says 1970 2 am.

I tried setting timeservers but that did not help either. I tried using ethernet instead of wifi and it did not help. I tried formating my SD card and installing everything again and it did not help.

Does anybody know what might be the problem?

Thank you in advance

klricks

Re: Wrong time and date

Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Setting the timserver is required. Maybe try a different timeserver. I use pool.ntp.org
Not sure if reboot is required or not?
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Matii

Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:50 pm

klricks wrote:Setting the timserver is required. Maybe try a different timeserver. I use pool.ntp.org
Not sure if reboot is required or not?
I tried that. I even rebooted more than once. I also tried some local ntp servers (I am from czech republic) but it did not help.

Also the time restarts back to 0:0 1970 ever time I shut down or restart the machine. I know that there is no battery that would keep time but I still find it strange.

Matii

Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:29 pm

bump

davidcoton

Sun Jun 19, 2016 5:24 pm

It's not the standard Raspbian behaviour, which remembers the time at last shutdown, plus an hourly (?) save in case of crash/power removal.

I don't know about Openelec, though.
Signature retired

beta-tester

Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:29 pm

Matii wrote:I have got raspberry Pi 3 and Openelec installed with Kodi.

I tried setting timeservers but that did not help either. I tried using ethernet instead of wifi and it did not help. I tried formating my SD card and installing everything again and it did not help.

Thank you in advance
are you sure, you have a working instenet connection (not only to local network)?
i used OpenELEC for years, now i use LibeELEC, none of both made trouble with the time... as long a working connection to one of the default (or a custom) timeservers are available.

maybe your firewall dissallow connection to outside you local network for your RPi.
or DNS settings are not good so it is not possible to resolve the server name of the timesever to an IP.

see if add-ons are working, that do connection to internet, to test, if the internet connection is really working.
(the RSS-add-on, weather-add-on, youtube-add-on, or one of the internet-radio-add-on)
{ I only give negative feedback }
RPi B (rev1, 256MB), B (rev2, 512MB), B+, 2B, 3B, 3B+, ZeroW, ...

Matii

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 am

beta-tester wrote:
Matii wrote:I have got raspberry Pi 3 and Openelec installed with Kodi.

Thank you in advance
are you sure, you have a working instenet connection (not only to local network)?
i used OpenELEC for years, now i use LibeELEC, none of both made trouble with the time... as long a working connection to one of the default (or a custom) timeservers are available.

maybe your firewall dissallow connection to outside you local network for your RPi.
or DNS settings are not good so it is not possible to resolve the server name of the timesever to an IP.

see if add-ons are working, that do connection to internet, to test, if the internet connection is really working.
(the RSS-add-on, weather-add-on, youtube-add-on, or one of the internet-radio-add-on)
My connection is working 100 % procent. I can dowloand add ons and also use them (youtube for example). I can see that I am connected to my Wifi. I also set it to static IP adress and I also tried connecting rapsberry via cable but that did not help either. I tried a completely different card but the same result. It may be something wrong with firewall hopefully not with rapsberry so I dont have to use warranty service because I fell in love with it.

I can set system time manually via Putty (SSH). But it is only system time so it gets reset everytime I reboot or turn raspberry off and on. BUT I found out that raspberry can not create ntp.conf because it says my system is in read only mode. Could this mean anything?

davidcoton

Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:32 pm

Matii wrote: I can set system time manually via Putty (SSH). But it is only system time so it gets reset everytime I reboot or turn raspberry off and on. BUT I found out that raspberry can not create ntp.conf because it says my system is in read only mode. Could this mean anything?
Yes, that is probably the issue. Possibly you had a file system issue (power off without shutdown first?) which has not resolved itself. Again, IDK how this should be resolved on Openelec.
Signature retired

klricks

Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:41 pm

davidcoton wrote:
Matii wrote: I can set system time manually via Putty (SSH). But it is only system time so it gets reset everytime I reboot or turn raspberry off and on. BUT I found out that raspberry can not create ntp.conf because it says my system is in read only mode. Could this mean anything?
Yes, that is probably the issue. Possibly you had a file system issue (power off without shutdown first?) which has not resolved itself. Again, IDK how this should be resolved on Openelec.
I don't think that is the issue as openELEC is a read only OS / filesystem by design. The folder must be mounted before changes can be made. I don't remember the syntax to do that but you can Google for examples of how to edit config.txt in openELEC.
Unless specified otherwise my response is based on the latest and fully updated Raspbian Buster w/ Desktop OS.

Matii

Mon Jun 20, 2016 8:59 pm

klricks wrote:
davidcoton wrote:
I don't think that is the issue as openELEC is a read only OS / filesystem by design. The folder must be mounted before changes can be made. I don't remember the syntax to do that but you can Google for examples of how to edit config.txt in openELEC.
I also read that openelec is in read-only mode. But its just weird that I tried multiple sd cards and card readers but its still the same. I will try to configure the config.txt file.

Matii

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:02 pm

So I looked into config.txt but that was nothing that would help me solve this problem. I tried to mount SD card so its editable but with no luck. I does not say that anything is wrong so I guess I did it right but when I try to edit the file (or create) it says once again that it is in ready only mode. I used this syntax mount -o remount,rw /

beta-tester

Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:09 pm

Matii wrote:So I looked into config.txt but that was nothing that would help me solve this problem. I tried to mount SD card so its editable but with no luck. I does not say that anything is wrong so I guess I did it right but when I try to edit the file (or create) it says once again that it is in ready only mode. I used this syntax mount -o remount,rw /
yes, the / root file system is read-only. also the /flash (boot partition) is mounted as read-only.
to edit the config.txt file, you have to remount the /flash mount point

Code: Select all

mount -o remount,rw /flash
the / root you can not remount in that way. the only the /storage mount point is mounted in read-write mode by default to keep your settings persistent

BTW, what is the output, when you type in mount?
on my i get:
OpenELEC:~ # mount | grep mmc
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
/dev/mmcblk0p2 on /storage type ext4 (rw,noatime,data=ordered)

Matii

Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:03 am

beta-tester wrote:
Matii wrote:So I looked into config.txt but that was nothing that would help me solve this problem. I tried to mount SD card so its editable but with no luck. I does not say that anything is wrong so I guess I did it right but when I try to edit the file (or create) it says once again that it is in ready only mode. I used this syntax mount -o remount,rw /
yes, the / root file system is read-only. also the /flash (boot partition) is mounted as read-only.
to edit the config.txt file, you have to remount the /flash mount point

mount -o remount,rw /flash
the / root you can not remount in that way. the only the /storage mount point is mounted in read-write mode by default to keep your settings persistent

BTW, what is the output, when you type in mount?
on my i get:
OpenELEC:~ # mount | grep mmc
/dev/mmcblk0p1 on /flash type vfat (ro,noatime,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=437,iocharset=ascii,shortname=mixed,utf8,errors=remount-ro)
It says a huge load of text. I will write exactly what it says when I get home. I can edit the config.txt when I plug my SD into PC with no problem. I just can not seem to find any lines or anything that would help me solve this problem. I was looking for some parametrs I did not find useful.

beta-tester

Thu Jun 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Matii wrote:
beta-tester wrote:OpenELEC:~ # mount | grep mmc
It says a huge load of text. I will write exactly what it says when I get home. I can edit the config.txt when I plug my SD into PC with no problem. I just can not seem to find any lines or anything that would help me solve this problem. I was looking for some parametrs I did not find useful.
i only want to know, if your /storage mount point is mounted as "rw". but when i think about what you saied earlier, what you can download and install add-ons, then the /storage is in read-write mode, otherwise everything is gone at next boot.
and when a virgin untouched official and most recent OpenELEC / LibreELEC image makes trouble out of the box, then
i still think there is something weird with your network.

Matii

Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:54 am

beta-tester wrote:
Matii wrote:
beta-tester wrote:OpenELEC:~ # mount | grep mmc
i only want to know, if your /storage mount point is mounted as "rw". but when i think about what you saied earlier, what you can download and install add-ons, then the /storage is in read-write mode, otherwise everything is gone at next boot.
and when a virgin untouched official and most recent OpenELEC / LibreELEC image makes trouble out of the box, then
i still think there is something weird with your network.
That is what I am thinking. Because I can not think of anything else or atleast I think I ruled out anything else. Maybe my firewall on my router is blocking NTP UTP port (or maybe my IP-Internet provider). But still I can ping ntp servers from my pc and from rapsberry. When I read some other threads about this issue (there are not many of them out there) the problem was either extremely complicated OR it resolved itself OR it did not at all.

I would care that much about time (it would bug me but I would get over it) But when I use some addons they provide videos and streames based on time and date I have (if I list the newest TV shows it shows me TV shows before 1970). Maybe raspberry is just trying to force me into some old classics.

swampdog

Fri Jun 24, 2016 11:37 am

what does..

$ ntpq -p

..say?

beta-tester

Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:00 pm

swampdog wrote:what does..
$ ntpq -p
..say?
it is OpenELEC/LibreELEC... "just enough OS for Kodi" - but there is only a busybox commandline available without "ntpq".

but would be interesting, when you install raspbian, and there try to see what you get.

beta-tester

Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:11 pm

what you can do to get when you open the shareed folder "\\192.168.1.123\Logfiles" (wfrom windows) or smb://192.168.1.123\Logfiles from linux
(where 192.168.1.123 you have to replace with your RPi's IP)
where you will find a archiv with logfiles (those will be generated immediately when you open that share)

an other question is: what is the time server url, you have in the network settings of OpenELEC/LibreELEC?

Matii

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:15 pm

beta-tester wrote:what you can do to get when you open the shareed folder "\\192.168.1.123\Logfiles" (wfrom windows) or smb://192.168.1.123\Logfiles from linux
where you will find a archiv with logfiles (those will be generated immediately when you open that share)

an other question is: what is the time server url, you have in the network settings of OpenELEC/LibreELEC?
I have got 1.cz.pool.ntp.org, 2.cz.pool.ntp.org and 3.cz.pool.ntp.org

And I dont know what you mean by that shared folder.

AND command $ ntpq -p says not found so it does not say anything.

SonOfAMotherlessGoat

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:38 pm

which ntpq

which ntpd
If that command doesn't give you the path to ntpq or ntpd, then you don't have the ntp package installed.

apt-cache policy ntp
Account Inactive

beta-tester

Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:27 pm

SonOfAMotherlessGoat wrote:

which ntpq
i say it again... it is OpenELEC/LibreELEC... there is only busybox with a minimal set of command line tools...
there is no ntpq and no apt available.
the time server synchonisation is not accessable via command line there, the only possibility you have is the user interface of OpenELEC/LibreELEC/Kodi.
Matii wrote:
beta-tester wrote:what you can do to get when you open the shareed folder "\\192.168.1.123\Logfiles" (wfrom windows) or smb://192.168.1.123\Logfiles from linux
And I dont know what you mean by that shared folder.
shared folder (Samba): you can access to that folder from within an other computer via local network.
under windows, open the file browser and type in "\\192.168.1.123\Logfiles". then you should see a zip file in that folder. that zip file containes couple log files.

you can also access to that shared folder from an other linux computer. in case of ubuntu, opbem the file browser, go to network, open a connection, type in "smb://192.168.1.123/Logfiles" and you will see the same zip file as you would under windows.

that zip file will be only generated, if you try to connect to that shared folder... or let say... i don't know an other way to get generate that logfiles

EDIT: on the command line you can type in "journalctl --no-pager --all". you can see, that there is ntp in the list and that the time was synced successfully...
maybe in your log there is an error, that explaind the issue you have.

LibreELEC:~ # journalctl --no-pager --all
-- Logs begin at Mon 2016-06-27 22:33:48 CEST, end at Mon 2016-06-27 22:50:52 CEST. --
May 17 06:57:33 LibreELEC connmand[294]: ntp: time slew +3598575.215208 s
Jun 27 22:33:48 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Time has been changed
Jun 27 22:42:40 LibreELEC kodi.sh[341]: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Jun 27 22:42:41 LibreELEC kodi.sh[341]: libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile
Jun 27 22:48:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Starting Cleanup of Temporary Directories...
Jun 27 22:48:51 LibreELEC systemd[1]: Started Cleanup of Temporary Directories.
Jun 27 22:50:52 LibreELEC connmand[294]: ntp: time slew -0.008096 s

SonOfAMotherlessGoat

Mon Jun 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Okay, so which version of busybox?
ntp - ntpclient is a tiny ntp client. BusyBox starting from 1.16.x also acquired ntpd applet.
Do you have

timedatectl
Have you asked any questions in Libre/Open's forums and have they given any hints?
Account Inactive

beta-tester

Tue Jun 28, 2016 2:23 pm

SonOfAMotherlessGoat wrote:Okay, so which version of busybox?
ntp - ntpclient is a tiny ntp client. BusyBox starting from 1.16.x also acquired ntpd applet.
Do you have

timedatectl
Have you asked any questions in Libre/Open's forums and have they given any hints?

BusyBox v1.24.2 (2016-05-17 07:38:00 BST) multi-call binary.
BusyBox is copyrighted by many authors between 1998-2015.
Licensed under GPLv2. See source distribution for detailed
copyright notices.

Usage: busybox [function [arguments]...]
   or: busybox --list[-full]
   or: busybox --install [-s] [DIR]
   or: function [arguments]...

BusyBox is a multi-call binary that combines many common Unix
        utilities into a single executable.  Most people will create a
        link to busybox for each function they wish to use and BusyBox
        will act like whatever it was invoked as.

Currently defined functions:
   ar, arp, arping, ash, awk, basename, bash, bunzip2, bzcat, bzip2, cat, chmod, chown, chroot, chvt, clear, cp, cpio,
   crond, crontab, cryptpw, cut, date, dd, deallocvt, df, dirname, dmesg, dnsdomainname, dos2unix, du, egrep, eject,
   env, ether-wake, fbset, fgconsole, fgrep, find, findfs, flash_eraseall, flock, free, fstrim, ftpget, ftpput, fuser, getopt,
   grep, groups, gunzip, gzip, head, hostname, httpd, hwclock, id, ifconfig, ifdown, ifplugd, ifup, install, ionice, iostat,
   ip, kill, killall, killall5, less, ln, loadkmap, logger, login, ls, lsof, md5sum, mkdir, mkdosfs, mkfifo, mkfs.vfat, mknod,
   mkpasswd, mkswap, mktemp, more, mount, mountpoint, mpstat, mv, nandwrite, nbd-client, nc, netstat, nice, nohup,
   nslookup, ntpd, od, pgrep, pidof, ping, ping6, pkill, pmap, printenv, ps, pstree, pwd, pwdx, rdate, readlink, realpath,
   renice, reset, rm, rmdir, route, sed, seq, setconsole, setserial, sh, sha1sum, sha256sum, sha512sum, sleep, smemcap,
   sort, stat, su, switch_root, sync, sysctl, tail, tar, tee, telnet, time, top, touch, tr, traceroute, traceroute6, true,
   ttysize, uevent, umount, uname, uniq, unix2dos, unxz, uptime, usleep, vconfig, vi, watch, wc, wget, which, whoami,
   whois, xargs, xz, xzcat, zcat
... even it is a higher version you showed, it does not guarantee, that all functions are implemented.
even that busybox is customized to shrink down the size of OpenELEC/LibreELEC.
i know it, because i was asking the dev team to add missing features in the past and they did it (partially)

LibreELEC:~ # ls -l /bin
total 818
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ar -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 awk -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 basename -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 bash -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 bunzip2 -> busybox
-rwsr-xr-x    1 root     root        515200 May 17 08:40 busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 bzcat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 bzip2 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 cat -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         10584 May 17 08:40 chattr
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 chmod -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 chown -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 chvt -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 clear -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 cp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 cpio -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 crontab -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 cryptpw -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 cut -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 date -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 dd -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 deallocvt -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 df -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 dirname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 dmesg -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 dnsdomainname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 dos2unix -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 du -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 egrep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 eject -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 env -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 fgconsole -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 fgrep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 find -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 flock -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 free -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ftpget -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ftpput -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 fuser -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 getopt -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 grep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 groups -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 gunzip -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 gzip -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 head -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 hostname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 id -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 install -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ionice -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 iostat -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         18692 May 17 06:31 keyctl
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 kill -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 killall -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 less -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ln -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 logger -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 login -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ls -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          9024 May 17 08:40 lsattr
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 lsof -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 md5sum -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mkdir -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mkfifo -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mknod -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mkpasswd -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mktemp -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 more -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mount -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mountpoint -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mpstat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 mv -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 nc -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 netstat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 nice -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 nohup -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 nslookup -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root        274284 May 17 10:44 ntfs-3g
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 od -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pgrep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pidof -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ping -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ping6 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pkill -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pmap -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 printenv -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ps -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pstree -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pwd -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 pwdx -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 readlink -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 realpath -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 renice -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 reset -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 rm -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 rmdir -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sed -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 seq -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 setserial -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sh -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sha1sum -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sha256sum -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sha512sum -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sleep -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 smemcap -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sort -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 stat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 su -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 sync -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 tail -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 tar -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 tee -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 telnet -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 time -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 top -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 touch -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 tr -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 traceroute -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 traceroute6 -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 true -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 ttysize -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 umount -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 uname -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 uniq -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 unix2dos -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 unxz -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 uptime -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 usleep -> busybox
-rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root          7916 May 17 08:40 uuidgen
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 vi -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 watch -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 wc -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 wget -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 which -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 whoami -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 whois -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 xargs -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 xz -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 xzcat -> busybox
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root             7 May 17 08:40 zcat -> busybox
i don't thing the issue is OpenELEC/LibreELEC as long you changed anything in the settings. it is working out of the box.
the timeserver that he was using (1.cz.pool.ntp.org) is working.

my suggestion would be to put the official raspbian jessie OS to the/an SD card and see if the RPi get the correct time there. if not, it is was easier to track down the problem. because it is a "full featured" OS and the logfiles contains more information, to see, where the problem starts with.

oh, wait a moment... are you are using network cable or do you using the wifi of the RPi3?
to wifi i can not tell anything, how good it is working under OpenELEC/LibreELEC, i am using always a network cable connection.
(maybe estabishing a wifi network to the internet takes to long time and the time sync run into time out)

startrek.steve

Wed Jun 29, 2016 7:22 am

I had this problem on my Kodi a couple of times, theres a setting called wait for network, it tells the pi to wait for an IP address before completing the boot, sometimes they startup before they have an IP adress hence the no time server connection. If it waits for an IP, when it checks the time server it will get a reply.

Steve
Pi 2 running LibreElec Krypton, Pi 2 running Wheezy Desktop, Pi 1 headless Wheezy, downloading Radio, Pi 1 running Picore headless Media Server, Pi Zero to be an Old Time Radio Project. Pi 3 testing. Pi Zero W downloading Radio shows headless.

Matii

Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:00 pm

startrek.steve wrote:I had this problem on my Kodi a couple of times, theres a setting called wait for network, it tells the pi to wait for an IP address before completing the boot, sometimes they startup before they have an IP adress hence the no time server connection. If it waits for an IP, when it checks the time server it will get a reply.

Steve
I tried that too BUT it did not help. I set time to wait 60 seconds but it simply did not help.

Return to “Troubleshooting”