Lexenstar

Raspi-config doesn't start on fresh install with BerryBoot

Thu Jun 16, 2016 9:50 am

Hey guys and girls,

I recently received my WD PiDrive and wanted to install Raspbian on it using BerryBoot. All works out fine, though unfortunately when I try to launch raspi-config in the terminal it shows this in a blue terminal-window-kinda-thing:
"The boot partition is not mounted - cannot configure. Note that raspi-config is intended for use on Raspbian only and cannot be guaranteed to work on other operating systems." - At the bottom there's an OK button.

When trying to open it in the graphical interface which these days opens on first boot, it shows a pop up window like this:
"The Raspberry Pi Configuration application can only modify a standard configuration.

Your configuration appears to have been modified by other tools, and so this application cannot be used on your system.

In order to use this application, you need to have the latest firmware installed, Device Tree enabled, the default "pi" user set up and the lightdm application installed." - OK button.

What's wrong there? It used to work this way. I already re-installed, too. It's the newest Raspbian Jessie.

Thanks!
Lexenstar

Lexenstar

Re: Raspi-config doesn't start on fresh install with BerryBo

Thu Jun 16, 2016 12:32 pm

Hey,

got it fixed.
For future reference:
I realized that /boot was empty, so I mounted the SD card into there using

Code: Select all

sudo mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
:)

Prodigalsource

Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:13 pm

That's dev/mmcblk0p1 /boot
"L" not "1" : But you solved my problem, thanks so much!

Prodigalsource

Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:15 pm

Sorry, that was my fault; the lowercase "L" in my terminal is noticeably different from the code above. Looking closely, I can see that your mount line is correct. I'm new around here!

nouja22

Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:23 am

Hey
how do you make /boot mounted on startup ?
thanks

Thatringokid

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:31 pm

Having the same issue, but when I try to copy that file that dir it says it doesn't exist.
Any takers?

Thatringokid

Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:34 pm

My boot folder also isn't empty, tho...

superforceraspi

Mon Mar 13, 2017 6:33 pm

Hi gang,
This code seems to work, and it does make Raspi-Config available in that session.

However, if I reboot, it all gets disconfigured and I have to run the code again in terminal, this time with an error stating that boot partition already exists.

Any idea on how to make it permanent and not have to do this after every poweroff or reboot, please?

Thanks.

Ramon0

Fri Jun 23, 2017 9:48 am

Hi all. Same question as superforceraspi just above... So does anyone know at this point how you can make this cure permanent? Or a way to automate for not having to apply it manually each time at least... Thank you very much in advance.

Ramon0

Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:00 am

Hi again,

For the record, and just in case someone is interested, I get an official response about this issue which, unfortunately, confirmed this is indeed a known limitation of BerryBoot, so there is no reason to continue looking for better solutions, for now at least. Of course, I'd still love it could be solved at any point, but I don't know if that will happen or even if will be possible at all... Well, more info here (concretely in reply): http://berryboot.alexgoldcheidt.com/images/#comment-303

So that's all, and I hope it helps. Greetings.

ultraduck

Tue Jun 27, 2017 3:35 am

Ramon0 wrote:Hi all. Same question as superforceraspi just above... So does anyone know at this point how you can make this cure permanent? Or a way to automate for not having to apply it manually each time at least... Thank you very much in advance.
sudo blkid

Copy the UUID for /dev/mmcblk0p1

sudo leafpad /etc/fstab

Add this line:
UUID=paste_from_above /boot vfat defaults 0 2

Save the file

Now it will stick after reboot

Ramon0

Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:34 pm

ultraduck wrote:Now it will stick after reboot
AWESOME! I couldn't test it till today, but it worked like a charm! And at the very first try :mrgreen:

So thank you! Very much indeed :), since I believe I started to think I well could have to deal with it for good (or for a long time at least) and it's kind of a relief. And well, what else I can say... have a nice day and thanks again!

ismael280373

Re: Raspi-config doesn't start on fresh install with BerryBoot

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:04 am

Hi all.

Sorry to reload an old topic.

I've installed Raspbian over Berryboot. Everything went ok but raspi-config isn't working properly.

The solutions I've searched for says to mount /dev/mmcblk0p1 to boot. But that is alrready mounted permanently trough fstab file.

Could you help me, please?

Thanks in advance.
GOD BLESS THE BLUES!!

ismael280373

Re: Raspi-config doesn't start on fresh install with BerryBoot

Mon Feb 19, 2018 11:07 am

For more information, a 'sudo blkid' shows:

[email protected]:~ $ sudo blkid

Code: Select all

/dev/loop0: TYPE="squashfs"
/dev/mmcblk0: PTTYPE="dos"
/dev/mmcblk0p1: SEC_TYPE="msdos" LABEL="boot" UUID="0A35-xxxx" TYPE="vfat"
/dev/mmcblk0p2: LABEL="berryboot" UUID="a536f799-0909-4790-96f9-xxxxxxxxxxxx" TYPE="ext4"
/dev/sda1: LABEL="My Book" UUID="XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX" TYPE="ntfs"
GOD BLESS THE BLUES!!

Return to “Troubleshooting”