mdmlv

Re: STICKY: Bluetooth not working after update - need info

Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:36 am

I just downloaded and installed "2018-11-13-raspbian-stretch-full" on a new Pi 3 B+. I am getting an error: "GDBus.Error:org.bluez.Error. Resource temporarily unavailable. Try again later." Further attempts after rebooting produced the same result. The Bluetooth earphones are recognized by the Pi and the error occurs after I use the audio menu to select the the earphones and the connection attempt fails. I am trying to used the included VLC media player with the earphones. VLC media player works fine with the analog output jack driving headphones. It seems that a number of first-time-posters start off on this thread and I have joined their ranks. Any information would be appreciated, since "temporarily unavailable" and "try again later" do not seem to indicate that I am lacking a specific driver or package.

jokhchan

Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:36 pm

Yes, I got the same problem. Help please.

jokhchan

Wed Mar 13, 2019 1:04 pm

I found the Bluetooth on another Pi installed with older version of Raspbian works fine. Only the Pi installed with the latest version of Raspbian dose not work.

pmower

Wed Mar 13, 2019 6:46 pm

I had this same issue and resolved it with the following due to the pulseaudio-module-bluetooth package not being installed.

sudo apt install pulseaudio-module-bluetooth
pulseaudio -k
pulseaudio --start

If the issue is not due to the missing package, the problem in this case is that PulseAudio is not catching up. A common solution to this problem is to restart PulseAudio. Note that it is perfectly fine to run bluetoothctl as root while PulseAudio runs as user. After restarting PulseAudio, retry to connect. It is not necessary to repeat the pairing.

jokhchan

Thu Mar 14, 2019 12:02 am

Tried as suggested above, but still not work.

jokhchan

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:10 pm

Today, I re-install the latest version of Raspbian on my Pi 3B. After installation, I performed:

1. $ sudo apt-get update
2. $ sudo apt-get upgrade
3. copy some songs to the pi
4. pair a Bluetooth headphone
5. select the headphone from the volume control on top right hand of the panel
6. $ sudo apt install pulseaudio-module-Bluetooth
7. $ pulseaudio -k
8. $ pulseaudio --start
9. $ cvlc song.m4a

Now I can hear the song from the headphone on-and-off.

But everytime I reboot, I need to perform $ pulseaudio --start again.

Anyone please help me to fix the problem.

jokhchan

Thu Mar 14, 2019 2:51 pm

Funny thing happen, even I connect and select the Bluetooth headphone successfully, the sound still goes to the 3.5mm jack. The Bluetooth headphone has no more sound no matter what I did.

JPICentral

Sat May 18, 2019 11:00 pm

as requested, did bluetoothctl and it gave me the MAC and the Name of the expected bluetooth devices attached including the mouse with the problem (did not know how to copy and pste without mouse help). Did the -a option whose response was registered. This command seems to want more input though man only gives two options and no input on the commands expected. Could only delete the window. How is one supposed to use a command whose features are not included in man?

I did the update today 20190518. I have two back up sd cards with the update done on 20190504 -- I am not in the UK. When I get some down time I will switch to the 20190504 cause a Pi without a mouse is mighty difficult to use!

If I can be of any help just ask. I am traveling mouseless and internet access may present obstacles -- I will do whatever I can.

xtal256

Sun Jun 02, 2019 8:33 am

Hi,

Not sure if best to post here or start a new thread, but I'm also having bluetooth problems.

Basically, I bought a Pi 3 and used the image from an older Pi 2 (so there was no bluetooth on it). Now, although though the new Pi supports bluetooth, I'm having some trouble getting it working on my image ("Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)", upgraded from jessie).

On startup, bluetooth is not enabled:

Code: Select all

$ service bluetooth status
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: inactive (dead)
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)

$ service hciuart status
● hciuart.service
   Loaded: masked (/dev/null; bad)
   Active: inactive (dead)
I can start the bluetooth service:

$ sudo modprobe btusb
$ sudo systemctl start bluetooth
$ service bluetooth status
● bluetooth.service - Bluetooth service
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/bluetooth.service; enabled; vendor preset: enabled)
   Active: active (running) since Sun 2019-06-02 18:26:20 AEST; 15s ago
     Docs: man:bluetoothd(8)
 Main PID: 1958 (bluetoothd)
   CGroup: /system.slice/bluetooth.service
           └─1958 /usr/lib/bluetooth/bluetoothd

Jun 02 18:26:20 Raspberry-Pi systemd[1]: Starting Bluetooth service...
Jun 02 18:26:20 Raspberry-Pi bluetoothd[1958]: Bluetooth daemon 5.43
Jun 02 18:26:20 Raspberry-Pi systemd[1]: Started Bluetooth service.
Jun 02 18:26:20 Raspberry-Pi bluetoothd[1958]: Starting SDP server
Jun 02 18:26:20 Raspberry-Pi bluetoothd[1958]: Bluetooth management interface 1.14 initialized
But when I try to start hciuart it says:

Failed to start hciuart.service: Unit hciuart.service is masked.
And bluetoothctl says "No default controller available" when I try to do anything with it.

I have read many other posts by people who have problems with bluetooth, and they all seem slightly different to mine. I might find answers somewhere in this 7 page thread, but I'd much appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction.

thanks

Douglas6

Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:47 pm

Yes, you should have started a new thread. This one yearns to be locked.

You can try unmasking the hciuart service:

sudo systemctl unmask hciuart 
Or you could try uninstalling bluetooth and pi-bluetooth and re-installing. But the best bet is to flash a new version of Raspbian Stretch.

xtal256

Tue Jun 04, 2019 1:07 am

Thanks.

I did that, and it said "Removed /etc/systemd/system/hciuart.service". Now the service cannot be found.

How do I re-install this service?

Return to “Troubleshooting”