ALT

Raspberry 3

Sun May 01, 2016 7:53 am

I have just bought a RBP3. But I can't seem to boot it. I have gone though quite a few post, but they seem to dicribe different problems. So I using I plasma TV, with a hdmi cable. I downloaded noobs and installed it on I micro sd. As I couldn't find my wifi network on the raspberry (?) and I only saw raspian, I disided to hooked it directly up to the modem with a cable. Then I selected raspian and openELEC. When I boot up on raspian, I get the rainbow, and all of the tekst (over the screen), the the screen goes black (whit blinking cursors in the left top) and nothing happens. The fist , say 20 seconds, I see I green led blinking. After 20 sec this stops to. The strange thing is that I can get openELEC to boot and running?
What I am doing wrong?

Goraxium

Re: Raspberry 3

Sun May 01, 2016 11:38 am

If you've somehow managed to download an old version of Raspbian, it won't work on the Pi3. Try downloading the latest Raspbian Jessie image, reimage the card with it, and see how that goes.

ALT

Re: Raspberry 3

Sun May 01, 2016 8:14 pm

Thanx, got it going at last. Installed the noobs zip with an old Windows PCs instead of the Mac. And then it booted. Strange... :P

Return to “Troubleshooting”