ralnx87

Re: Bluetooth issues

Sun May 29, 2016 8:09 am

I am also trying to setup a bluetooth connection from my Android phone to Raspberry Pi. I am new to this. As you said i was also trying to setup SPP on the Pi. But issue is that, i am not able to discover Pi while trying to connect from phone. Also i am able to discover while using bluetoothctl by setting "discoverable on". How to make it visible while using the above method? Can u help?

Douglas6

Sun May 29, 2016 12:26 pm

@rainx87: The Pi does not need to be 'discoverable' when connecting, only when pairing. If you mean the Pi does not show in the list of devices when trying to connect from a Bluetooth terminal on the phone, make sure SPP is running on the Pi, remove the paring on both devices, and re-pair.

ralnx87

Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:06 am

Ya thank you. I got it working :)

jasonc1025

Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:36 am

Thanks for the tool:

Code: Select all

minicom -D /dev/rfcomm0
since it's has helped me troubleshoot my bluetooth connection with my Android phone.

tcoder

Thu Aug 24, 2017 3:02 pm

I think I got you confused. I'm not trying to connect via bluetooth serial, I'm trying to connect via normal bluetooth. The program that I tried that worked was "BlueTerminal", not "BlueTerm". "BlueTerm" is using bluetooth via a serial connection.

This issue should be considered closed, as the original problem was that my C++ program was not accepting a connection from an Android program. The C++ program has been found to be working, as it worked with the Android program "BlueTerminal". The problem is with my Android program that I wrote.

Return to “Troubleshooting”