nimq

Sd card broken after power suply crash

Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:49 am

Hi all.
For last couple of month I was using raspberry pi b+. I have install OS for raspberry noobie and everything goes perfect.
Unfortunately, last week I had no power in the house for about few minutes. After that my raspberry stop starting :cry:
I took sd card from device and try to fix the problem.
After typing lsusb, fdisk on Ubuntu and other command I can not find any sd card, card reader anything. On Windows OS also the same problem :(
My question is How can I get back my sd card ? It is possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Navyscourge

Re: Sd card broken after power suply crash

Sun Jan 17, 2016 10:42 am

When you say "not starting" how far does it get?

If we know at which point it stops we can advise what to do to fix it.

Do I assume that you don't want to just start again with a new install (you would lose everything on that card, but might be able to recover files)?

rpdom

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:04 pm

It sounds like the SD card was in the middle of an important operation when the power problem occurred and is now damaged beyond repair :(

Sometimes they can be recovered by formatting in a camera or tablet, but I suspect it is time for a new card.

NickT

Sun Jan 17, 2016 12:32 pm

There is a problem with Ubuntu version 14.04 and version 15.? too I think. See
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=105437

Read right down to the end of page 1 at least. beta-tester described the known bug on May 23rd. It's why I abandoned Noobs and went to Raspbian instead. If you have a spare SD card and a Pi that has a spare USB slot see if the Pi can read the offending card's partitions. If it can, there is a way to turn a Noobs card into a plain Raspbian one by deleting and renaming most of the 6 or 7 partitions. I'm sorry but I can't remember how to do it. Best of luck with it.

Return to “Troubleshooting”