Haris1977

Install OpenElec in NOOBS (but on usb stick)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:05 am

Greetings

I know i can install many os's through NOOBS (like oe, debian etc). But this happens only in sd card. Is there any way to install OpenElec through NOOBS in usb drive? :?:

fruitoftheloom

Re: Install OpenElec in NOOBS (but on usb stick)

Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:18 am

Haris1977 wrote:Greetings

I know i can install many os's through NOOBS (like oe, debian etc). But this happens only in sd card. Is there any way to install OpenElec through NOOBS in usb drive? :?:
An alternative is Berryboot which has the facility built in

http://www.berryterminal.com/doku.php/berryboot
Thinking outside the box is better than burying your head in the sand...

Haris1977

Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Yes, i know BerryBoot, but you can not update Openelec through its configuration.

So i am looking for a noobs installation (even if it lacks the hdmi cec option i first menu :cry: )

I somewhere read that i only have to manually copy the OS to the flash drive then change the root = statement in cmdline in the boot partition to root=/dev/sda1

Is that true?

kusti8

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:07 pm

Haris1977 wrote:Yes, i know BerryBoot, but you can not update Openelec through its configuration.

So i am looking for a noobs installation (even if it lacks the hdmi cec option i first menu :cry: )

I somewhere read that i only have to manually copy the OS to the flash drive then change the root = statement in cmdline in the boot partition to root=/dev/sda1

Is that true?
Yes, even with NOOBS, that should be possible. You just have to make sure you change cmdline.txt in the NOOBS menu, not from your computer.
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't.

Haris1977

Fri Aug 21, 2015 1:18 pm

Thanks, i will try it asap

Return to “Troubleshooting”