Hello everyone !
I've had my raspi for years, and I'd like to carry out a project really useful for the music fan I am.
What I have:
- Several raspis (B rev1, B+, 2)
- Several bluetooth speakers (a2dp sinks) from different brands
- Several bluetooth dongles from different brands (with a powered usb hub)
- A wifi dongle but I would also be able to connect to an Ethernet port.
- A multi room house. That's why I'd like to carry out this project !
I'd like to stream music from my phone to the raspberry pi, which is himself streaming this input stream to several bluetooth speakers, through different dongles.
This drawing depicts my wishes:
I've tried to use alsa + pulseaudio, playing the sound with mplayer, with the alsa plugin "multi". It works, BUT.
The main problem is that, as the sound plays, there are some sound cuts on the least powerful speakers (or audio sinks): the result is clearly a problem 1 minute after, the sound is totally out of sync between the speakers.
I don't mind if I would have to start everything from scratch, so if someone has a solution, I would be so happy !
Thank you !