chosenv3

Display issue using Dell monitor

Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 am

Hi Guys,

I am not a complete n00b, I have a few RPi's that I have played with and turned into video cameras etc but this problem is really starting to annoy me.

I have a standard type b RPi which I have connected to a Dell 19" widescreen monitor with a DVI/HDMI adaptor.
The pi is configured with the latest version of RASPLEX as I wish to use it as a media center.
When I power on the RPi with the Dell monitor, I get a blank screen for around 30 seconds and then the display tells me it "cannot display this video mode - Optimum resolution 1680 X 1050 60Hz.

I managed to get the RPi connected to my Samsung 46" TV and it displays perfectly. So I went into display settings and checked the resolution. I can confirm it is set to 1680 X 1050p @ 60Hz. I have tried changing this to a lower resolution (Near enough tried them all) but after moving it back to the monitor, it still displays the same error.

Now something to note, this monitor worked fine with the Pi when I installed Raspian a couple of days ago. so it obviously has something to do with the Rasplex setup.

Any advise would be appreciated - The GF keeps getting annoyed with me using the TV to configure the PI.

Thanks

xoopha

Re: Display issue using Dell monitor

Thu Apr 09, 2015 2:40 pm

Perhaps adding the following lines to /boot/config.txt will work?

hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2

Return to “Troubleshooting”