drentsoft

Raspberry Pi 2 Model B very frequent corruptions

Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:54 pm

Hi,

I bought 2 Pi 2 Model Bs on launch day. One is running fine but the other keeps corrupting the SD card after 1-4 reboots. At first I thought it was the SD card but I just flashed a brand new one (a different brand but both are good brands) and as soon as I rebooted after raspi-config it threw up the error. Most annoyingly I have a horrible feeling that the error is making the SD cards permanently damaged as I tried the first SD card in my reliable B+ and it suffered the same error despite the B+ running on its SD card for several months without any problems (same brand as the new one). Is the PI 2 faulty, is it a firmware issue?

Thanks in advance.

MarkHaysHarris777

Re: Raspberry Pi 2 Model B very frequent corruptions

Tue Mar 31, 2015 11:02 pm

You might have a bit of something down in the card adapter slot. DO NOT BLOW on it with your mouth... use an air can and blow it out. These are available places like Radio Shack, and other places... compressed air in a can. I had a card with a bit of something on it (a fleck of dust will do it) will cause the card to not read.

You may have run into bad cards (happens). Order a NOOBS card from this site and try that... if same problem, RPi might be DOA.
marcus
:ugeek:

drentsoft

Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:20 pm

Thanks for your reply. Just gave the slot a blast from my always-near air can and I'll see what happens when I reflash the SD card and if it dies again I'll get a noobs card, see what happens then. Weirdly I didn't get a notification that you'd replied. Thanks again.

drentsoft

Thu Apr 02, 2015 12:04 am

Ah boo 2 reboots and it's corrupted again. NOOBS card it is I guess :(

Return to “Troubleshooting”