clickykbd

dosfsck errors on boot (wheezy)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:23 am

wheezy (up to date as of 2 days ago)
firmware (also updated 2 days ago)

dosfsck is reporting an error and dropping me to maintenance console. Interestingly this is also happening on older images (backups) that were working fine last I wrote them to an SD card. The one I have loaded now is firmware 2012-06-17 I think, if issue.txt is what tells me that?

Could my backup image files be corrupted... it continues booting fine if I give it ctrl-D. But the checkfs log actually reads like it is not finding a command/program it needs rather than actually failing a check? Here's my checkfs log:

http://pastebin.com/3bP5hUzJ

Have tried 3 cards with two different wheezy backup images. I suppose I'll try the default wheezy and see what that does next. Advice? I thought I was being pretty dilligent with my backup image regiment, and this issue on all backups and card combinations surprised me.

clickykbd

Re: dosfsck errors on boot (wheezy)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:37 am

Another clue, running dosfsk manually on /dev/mmcblk0p1 reports no issues.

I'm gonna try another apt-get update and rpi-update and see if it goes away on subsequent boots.

clickykbd

Re: dosfsck errors on boot (wheezy)

Fri Jul 06, 2012 7:34 am

[resolved]
I'm silly. I had previously added a line to /etc/fstab for my usb key... neglected to include "nofail" in options for when it is not present.

Learned something about how /etc/init.d/checkfs.sh works in the investigation though. Fun.

Return to “Troubleshooting”