phelum

Tvheadend login

Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:50 am

Hi,
I'm running Tvheadend on an RPi4B with the latest buster kernel. I've entered a number of users/passwords in the configuration section. When I access Tvheadend from another machine it asks for the user/password and then gives me the EPG screen.

If I leave the display machine (running Vivaldi or Firefox as the browser) for about 10 minutes the login screen appears. But none of the valid users (including the superuser) are accepted and it's very difficult to even close the page because the login popup re-appears after being cancelled.

Is it possible to increase the idle period before the login screen appears (e.g. to forever) and does anybody know why my subsequent logins are all rejected ?

Thanks,
Steven

pidiv

Re: Tvheadend login

Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 am

Have you asked on the tvheadend forum ? Seems unlikely to be pi-specific.

Which version of tvheadend are you running ? I seem to have 4.2.8-34~g24a2f59e9 (but I use a wildcarded user, which I assume disables authentication).

On the 'configuration' panel, there's a 'debugging' tab, and one of the subsystems available is 'access' - that might be somewhere to start.

phelum

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am

pidiv wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 9:42 am
Have you asked on the tvheadend forum ? Seems unlikely to be pi-specific.

Which version of tvheadend are you running ? I seem to have 4.2.8-34~g24a2f59e9 (but I use a wildcarded user, which I assume disables authentication).

On the 'configuration' panel, there's a 'debugging' tab, and one of the subsystems available is 'access' - that might be somewhere to start.
Hi,
I will check on the Tvheadend forum. I've just found that disabling the HTTP digest authentication option seems to stop the problem but this is only the early test. I'll do more testing tomorrow.

I have the same version as you and tried the wildcard user approach. I've found it is better to have defined users as some things such as enabled channels are user specific. Other things such as display column widths are browser specific and presumably stored in a cookie.

Can you get "live TV" (in the browser) to work properly ? Or can you get Tvheadend to output a stream that mplayer can use ?

Thanks,
Steven

pidiv

Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:46 am

phelum wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:22 am
Can you get "live TV" (in the browser) to work properly ? Or can you get Tvheadend to output a stream that mplayer can use ?

Thanks,
Steven
For years, streaming live tv had never worked - though I didn't put any effort into investigating since we only used tvheadend for recording.

But having recently upgraded to a pi4 and latest software, streaming is now working correctly, both in browser (by clicking the TV icon), and in a separate player by using the 'play now' button (which seems to create a small text file describing the stream).

Return to “Troubleshooting”